Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i’ve got a 1994 taurus with the 3.0 vulcan v6, it sat for about 4 years and i decided to take it on. at first it would crank but not start. it had a new fuel pump, fuel filter, transmission, spark plugs and wires installed with a fresh oil change on top of that. since i’ve gotten it, i’ve replaced the distributor cap and rotor, battery terminals, the ccrm and a few other sensors. fuses are fine. i connected the new battery when i bought it a few days ago and the lights came on like normal. i turn the key to crank and it clicked and lost power, since then ive gotten no electricity to the car whatsoever. i decided to replace the ignition switch and every fuse in the distribution box, still nothing. i’m stuck now and unsure on what to do. it seems as if i’ve gone backwards in my process to revive this car. any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a defective battery to me, given the second you asked a lot of amps from it, everything died. What does the voltage read? I'd also check your chassis grounds.
i charged the old battery and used the rest of the juice in it to test it and attempt to start it. it could be the new battery, but it still gets no power upon jumping it. although before it lost all power, i did put in the ccrm ground which it was missing when i got it. i’m not sure if that would alter anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts