Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The showroom brochure says that for 2005, all sedans get the vulcan, and all wagons get the duretec..

Apparently you cannot get a duratec in a sedan at all..

<_<

What's up with that?

Jeramie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Are you sure you read this correctly? I suppose it would be possible,since most customers are not going to realize,nor care about the difference between the 2 motors. And since the wagon is a heavier vehicle,the extra ponies would even out the difference.
But maybe the vulcan comes STANDARD, and the Tec is an option?

THIS SAYS YES
But this says NO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,492 Posts
I thought when I was making my dream 2005 Taurus online the Duratec was still available. The SE trim only gets the Vulcan. The SEL trim gets the Vulcan with a Duratec option.


(My dream 05 Taurus would have run me like $28k, I'll stick with what I have...)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,578 Posts
From everything I've heard from Ford and around here, the 'tec is still an option on the SEL, but the Vulcan comes standard for both trim levels, same with the Sable.

JR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Odd. :blink:

The Ford link Snakeeyes posted has a chart showing that you can't get the Duratec in the sedan. But in a different location, Ford's Web site lists the 24 valve motor as a $1,050.00 option on the sedan.

Hmmm....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,415 Posts
Guys theres gona be a Duratec in the 05 Bull. Ive already been to my dealer and for kicks i looked at an 05 with duratec. Dont worry you can still get one but they sure did up the price. It costs more than the sunroof option did.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
Originally posted by EDIII@Aug 24 2004, 05:08 AM
I thought when I was making my dream 2005 Taurus online the Duratec was still available. The SE trim only gets the Vulcan. The SEL trim gets the Vulcan with a Duratec option.


(My dream 05 Taurus would have run me like $28k, I'll stick with what I have...)
Looks like the 2004's currently have like a $4k rebate going on. Seems you can get the SEL for around $22k fully loaded or less. I still don't see the 2005 listed on carsdirect.com yet. I like to use that site to price out a car and know that is the highest price you should pay at the dealer, you can usually do a little bit better in person.

American cars are a nice value when you buy them used, not so great when they're new and drop like rock in price in the first few years. Seems you're better off with a foreign car if you buy new and plan to sell in a few years. Course if you plan to keep it for the long haul, it doesn't really matter.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,492 Posts
Originally posted by HenrySel+Aug 24 2004, 05:42 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HenrySel @ Aug 24 2004, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EDIII@Aug 24 2004, 05:08 AM
I thought when I was making my dream 2005 Taurus online the Duratec was still available.  The SE trim only gets the Vulcan.  The SEL trim gets the Vulcan with a Duratec option.


(My dream 05 Taurus would have run me like $28k, I'll stick with what I have...)
Looks like the 2004's currently have like a $4k rebate going on. Seems you can get the SEL for around $22k fully loaded or less. I still don't see the 2005 listed on carsdirect.com yet. I like to use that site to price out a car and know that is the highest price you should pay at the dealer, you can usually do a little bit better in person.

American cars are a nice value when you buy them used, not so great when they're new and drop like rock in price in the first few years. Seems you're better off with a foreign car if you buy new and plan to sell in a few years. Course if you plan to keep it for the long haul, it doesn't really matter. [/b][/quote]
Well eveyone likes to dream, so I went to Ford.com and "built my car." At that price I might as well move to the '05 Mustang. Just seems kinda high for a car thats is kinda on it's way out. I should price the 500 and compare... Just me thinkin out loud.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
I just bought a 2004 LX using the "D-plan" (for dealership employees and families). Price was below invoice and the $4000 rebate was icing on the cake. Being back in a Taurus is great, but I sure wish I hadn't traded my 2000 LX on a Focus last year.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by sfhess@Aug 24 2004, 05:36 PM
I just bought a 2004 LX using the "D-plan" (for dealership employees and families).  Price was below invoice and the $4000 rebate was icing on the cake.  Being back in a Taurus is great, but I sure wish I hadn't traded my 2000 LX on a Focus last year.....
i thought gen4's were only SE/SES/SEL

2004 lx?

*edit* not trying to say you're a liar, i'm just confused, that's all :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
396 Posts
The LX became the bottom of the Taurus line in '98. The easiest way to identify the '00-'04 LX Taurii is that they have the plastic wheel covers on steel wheels...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,308 Posts
I have the 05 Taurus brochure and price sheets handy. The SE and SEL models (and the wagons) are the only models offered. The duratech is an option on the SEL at dealer price of $903. Dealer price for the SE is $18047 and the SEL $19709. Not as many items are stdon the SEL. Anti locks and 6 disc CD are optional along with the 24v. The prices listed are for the DET, CHI, KC PITT, and CINN areas only. That's what the price list reads.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by duraSEL01@Aug 24 2004, 07:41 PM
I have the 05 Taurus brochure and price sheets handy. The SE and SEL models (and the wagons) are the only models offered. The duratech is an option on the SEL at dealer price of $903. Dealer price for the SE is $18047 and the SEL $19709. Not as many items are stdon the SEL. Anti locks and 6 disc CD are optional along with the 24v. The prices listed are for the DET, CHI, KC PITT, and CINN areas only. That's what the price list reads.
*points to smiley*

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top