Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
when I read the title, I thought you meant no class for penn students as in school got cancelled.

Back on topic, this is why you don't post stuff on Facebook. Private parties are suppose to be private, not public.

Two comments that caught my eye:

"Give me a break! So it's in bad taste. So was the President's conduct with Monica Lowenski. This country is so busy being offended with one another that everyone is perpetually angry and outraged..."

"...Instead of worrying about costumes, maybe we should focus our energy and attention on things that really matter and quit acting like we are outraged so we can feel better about ourselves"

Personally, yes it is in bad taste, but seriously, this is a top news story? What about Iran dumping the dollar today in place of the Euro for their oil exports and sales?

What about Congress about to pass the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007? Or the 12-month decline of the dollar? The Housing Market? CIA Destroying interrogation tapes? Even something as basic as our economy and the 2008 Presidential Election?

This is what we should be worrying about, not which celebrity dated who or who is offending what group of people today.

/my $.02

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I read the title, I thought you meant no class for penn students as in school got cancelled.

Back on topic, this is why you don't post stuff on Facebook. Private parties are suppose to be private, not public.

Two comments that caught my eye:

"Give me a break! So it's in bad taste. So was the President's conduct with Monica Lowenski. This country is so busy being offended with one another that everyone is perpetually angry and outraged..."

"...Instead of worrying about costumes, maybe we should focus our energy and attention on things that really matter and quit acting like we are outraged so we can feel better about ourselves"

Personally, yes it is in bad taste, but seriously, this is a top news story? What about Iran dumping the dollar today in place of the Euro for their oil exports and sales?

What about Congress about to pass the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007? Or the 12-month decline of the dollar? The Housing Market? CIA Destroying interrogation tapes? Even something as basic as our economy and the 2008 Presidential Election?

This is what we should be worrying about, not which celebrity dated who or who is offending what group of people today.

/my $.02
[/b]
you are right on some points.
when people decide who they will vote for because oprah backs this guy is a bigger shame.
When people will not vote for romney because of his religion that is a bigger shame.
The housing market is bad because of greed. people writng loans knowing these people will never be able
to pay. ie i was listening to the doyle show and one example was a lady took out a loan for 730g she
had to borrow the 5g down payment to get the loan. she got the loan and never paid one cent back.

We need to step back and think how would we feel if our daughter or son died in the shooting more
common sense is needed with everyone today. Now if the girl in the first pic was shot dead her family would
be screaming murder but, its ok for her to mark someone else's death. thats what i find wrong through
all of this. you want to make fun of a tragedy thats your provocative but don't think its right because
you think its funny.

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
That's just horrible and shows no respect to those innocent students that lost their lives that day. Makes you wonder about the type of people who would even think of dressing up like that, let alone actually doing it and thinking it's okay.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
We need to step back and think how would we feel if our daughter or son died in the shooting more
common sense is needed with everyone today. Now if the girl in the first pic was shot dead her family would
be screaming murder but, its ok for her to mark someone else's death. thats what i find wrong through
all of this. you want to make fun of a tragedy thats your provocative but don't think its right because
you think its funny.
[/b]
Agreed. Granted, I think part of the idea was to show how the country places so much attention and emphasis on 32 deaths in one event compared to the thousands of Americans that die everyday from natural causes to murders to accidents, but regardless of how much emphasis should be placed vs. what is placed, to make fun of someone's death disrespects the memories that some people have of the victims.

If they were trying to prove a point showing the choice of selection of the public, the media, or whatever else, or if they were trying to prove a point of the loss of priorities of Americans, or whatever they were trying to get across, there are definitely other ways of doing so.

Yes, it's freedom of speech, but the point of a protest, regardless of violent, disrespectful, peaceful, etc. is to get your point across to the public and opposite party, not have them remember you instead for being "that someone" and having them disregard your point completely due to your loss of credibility.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Eh. I'm not even sure why this made national news. :dunno:

And also, just a gentle reminder that the discussion of politics and religion is not allowed on the TCCA forums.

Carry on. :)

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Offensive? Yes.
Tasteless? Yes.
Dumb? Yes.
Real Incident? Yes.

However... There are much worse things circulating around on the web. They did this probably for a troll effect. Stir up hate and controversy and then take all the generated heat on them and turn it into laughs on the internet. So contributing to such bullshit only gives them a rise, and giving them what they want.

There are people that take WTC, suicides, and other events and make them into laughs. Virginia Tech was no exception. However, these poor pathetic people are granted individual freedom of speech. Quite frankly - Don't like it? ALT+F4(Windows)/Apple+Q(Mac).

It is sad that people do stuff like this, but they know they will get the responses they want, and they do it for the laughs and kicks. Because people overreact over bullshit like this, and talk about how wrong it is, then they will find it somehow, and then quote those saying how it is wrong, and laugh hysterically while in their mother's basement in their boxers.

Basically - There's nothing you can do except move towards a different form of government that restricts individual freedom. But then there is a domino effect of restrictions and forms of punishment to deal with such.

/my .03

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i think what is even worse are these comments on this page

Posted on 12/07 at 05:17 PM
Honestly the students at VT are sheep. 32 people dead from one gunman with two handguns?? Freaking pathetic.
Anon Emoss

Posted on 12/07 at 05:15 PM
A room full of 30 people let a small boy shoot them in the head one by one. They did noting to protect their own lives or the lives of those around them, even when he stopped to reload...twice. The police got all dressed up in their tough guy gear and stood around outside until the coast was clear, not wanting to endanger their own lives to save others. If we can't mock a community full of spineless sheep like that, who can we mock?
Chuck

thats really sad that someone would say that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts