Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is that legal in all 50 states? I live in Michigan and I thought I read somewhere that I couldn't do that unless it was an offroad vehicle?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only put one coat of clear on. I'm thinking of going back and putting maybe two more on and wetsanding.

Also the cops are pretty relaxed here in Alabama.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
get brighter brake lights man, those look way too dark.

i was just about to make a post about this actually, i night shaded mine 2 years ago and never clear coated them and they look kinda crappy now, so im trying to figure out my best bet to redo them..

should i take all the nightshade off with paint thinner and start over or wetsand and add another coat and some clear?

·
Registered
224 Posts
What do you think? I put on about three coats.
I think it looks pretty cool. And you're in my neck of the woods too! Howdy from over here in Clay/Pinson. B)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Actually, if you can tint the INSIDE of the lens, it has a much better, factory look and you do not have to clear it. You'll also get more of the red shade in the appearance this way. I prefer it done like that, but it's a lot more work.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
^ yea buddy! me putting my headlights in the oven makes them look the way they do in my sig.

ran led strips on the inside.

and i never thought about night shading the inside i might try it. prob is what is the easiest way to remove night shade without damaging plastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts