1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Depends on local laws. Try your state's Department of Motor Vehicles' website.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I used them on that part of my headlight (gen IV) and the Illinois laws are pretty strict, You can still see orange if you are close, and they still reflect and you can see them up to 500feet away which is the law. (when lights are on them)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another question can i use niteshade on the head lights and parking lights too..

·
Registered
308 Posts
trojan

On your tailights I deffinatly would not go more than the three coats like it says on the instructions. I know from experience. The side markers I did not do, but I would suggest only one or two coats. The same maybe on the parking lights. Ireally wouldn't recomend doing the headlights. Get the GTS covers and modifiy them to put on and pull off easy with the clear hook and loop stuff. Its like velcro.

Willie

·
Registered
198 Posts
I blacked out my side markers and I love the look. I have never been harassed.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
You've never been harrassed for havin' that sexy of a car? I doubt that.... well I started a thread somewhat similar to this one, and it has a couple of pictures of my car with nite shades on the headlights and tail lights.

Nite shades pictures thread

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hay 98V8SHO you ever think of useing a clearcoat on those?? and kermit im looking for a little darker look in the back but i like the idea up front..thanks guys

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey Guys -

I have all, or most of the answers to this you want. *NOTE* this information is for CT only, you can look up all the vehicle related statutes by going to your local library and asking for the "State Statute" books, there are about 18 of them including an index.

For CT it is legal to have something over your lights just as long as:

- You can see the light clearly, both markers and brake lights and I believe 50Ft.
- The reflectors on your rear trunk piece (G3) have to be visible from 50 Ft.
- The side markers are legal to do... IF the light is still shining through. in other words, the other motorists need to see some of the RED and the AMBER colors.
- It is TOTALLY ILLEGAL to perminently affix ANYTHING to your headlights. The GTS headlight covers are legal because they can be removed. The niteshades is paint ... very perminent.
- You can do the turn signals in the front, but be careful ... black and amber show RED you have to do a light coat on these particular lights. In 99% of the states it is Illegal to have any red or blue color, steady burn or flashing to be showing on the front of your vehicle UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY VEHICLE ... and yes you need documentation from the police to make this legal.

Heavy coats are good ... but light coats are much better - remember its easier to apply more than it is to take it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts