Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://jalopnik.com/5191262/routine-18000-...-price-tag-2000

yep, that's right, $115/qt x 10qts. Required to be replaced every 18k miles, also every time to take the car to the track. :rofl2:

This is all on a transmission that has a tendency to explode when you try to get the 3.3sec 0-60 times Nissan hyped when the car was first released.

I guess Nissan has to recoup its financial losses somewhere for their "bargain" supercar.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
###### it, I would just slap some Mercon V in there and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
oh my god...... this was supposed to be the best supercar to come out in 2008-2009.

I have a feeling no GTR will make it past 50k on a stock transmission(unless you never launch it...but seriously...) and this car will just be frowned apon.... if its not already for its transmission.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and you have to have the engine torn down and rebuilt every 50k because the super special coating on the cylinder walls needs to be checked and possibly the cylinder sleeve needs to be replaced (if not the whole block).

That 911 Turbo is looking more and more like a bargain tbh.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you tally up everything, Porsche has more background with axle-wrenching power. They have been producing the Turbo for more than 30 years. Plus, supposedly each transmission on the GTR is made specifically for each car. So getting a replacement is hella'spensive. GTR is a nice show car, and it can be a track car only if you can pay for it in the end. The Porsche Turbo is built for both and plenty more.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahaha :rofl:

Now I won't feel bad doing my trans oil change coming up soon! :D

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
wonder how Royal Purple would do in that transmission? maybe their proprietary fluid is nothing more than a way to recoup some of the profits they lost on the cost of the car itself. sell a super-fast car for relatively nothing, then charge a ton of money for proprietary parts and certified service, and assure every owner that if they DONT service through Nissan, their warranty will be null and void.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts