Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to think if i should completly black out my car by blacking out all the lights does anybody have some pics that i could look at to help me decide thank you

·
Registered
307 Posts
on the same note does anyone know where i can get nite shades. i nkow i can get it from summit and JC but is there any store that carries it? like auto zone, pepboys, napa?

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have always had to buy mine on ebay.none of the parts store around me carries or even knows what it is.Even the tint shops have no clue when i called them one time toask if they had any.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
What color is your car Jorsh???

For some reference on what the car will look like with Night Shade on a Gen III, Detroit Raver's old car was white with night shaded tails, and SableSal has a tan car that's blacked out. Kermit has a Gen IV with blacked out tails and darkened headlights. Other than that, I can't think of anyone with Night Shade.

JR

S

·
0 Posts
Just to give you some pointers on NITE-SHADES. It should be applied just as if you were to be painting a car. From side to side, in a steady firm motion. Also, Dont over do it. You will BLACK out the tails too much. To the point where it is not transparent any more. Also you're going to want to add a clear coat to it. Make the thing shine like your car.

Good Luck! Check out some of my pics. Night Shade Rocks!

I like this pic in particular

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Sablesal I have to say ur car looks real clean and sexy while im at it keep at it.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
yeah my white 97 was all blacked out. tint, niteshaded tail lights and rear side markers. but for the headlights i used headlight covers to make them black. i did not niteshade those. i got my paint from summitracing.com. pepboys and all those stores do not carry it. most of the people i ever asked, had no idea what i was talking about. here is a pic of my back end. :D

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks 95FORDT. Lost of work, but well worth it. Hope that helped out Jorsh

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
:withstupid: That's a sexy rear if I ever saw one. What color is that car? Got any other pics of the whole thing?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Thanks man. :notworthy: It's actually black. I have a couple of pictures in my TCCA garage. Unfortunately, that was before my baby sister decided to mess the whole rear light assembly up because she can't drive worth at [email protected] and I knew better.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
She cracked the whole thing! I mean the left light has a hole in it that looks like somebody hit it with a hammer, the light bar has a horizontal crack across it that actually goes across the trunk where the Ford badge used to be all the way to the left light which isn't as bad but when you have Niteshades on, all I can do is cry. David sold me a pair of 96-97 tails and I found a light bar on e-bay for $38.00. I just hate I have to do the whole thing all over again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts