Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I've cleaned it was bought 3 months ago, and boy did it need it! Figured I'd post a few pics of it.

This is my 2005 Montego Premier that replaced my 2004 Sable LS Premium that was totaled by a drunk. I know it's technically not a Sable or Taurus but it can be argued both ways since this was eventually renamed back to the Sable a few years later. Mods feel free to move it if you want.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wow that cleans up nicely! Mercury did good on putting some HID headlights, they provide great light output compared to the Five Hundred. How's the crown vic beater/project going?

I haven't washed my Taurus in 3 or 4 months, wooops.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that cleans up nicely! Mercury did good on putting some HID headlights, they provide great light output compared to the Five Hundred. How's the crown vic beater/project going?
I love the HID headlights and the LED tailights. Not only are they bright, but they make the car look much more upscale than it is. Had someone from our church that thought this was a brand new car!

My Crown Vic project is coming along nicely. I'll toss a few pics up on the "Other Rides" section tomorrow. So far I've replaced the idler pulley, air filter, fuel filter, headlight, taillight, headliner, and a few other things I can't think of right now. I'm almost done with fixing mechanical stuff. Just have to do spark plugs and wires, and change the oil and oil filter, and recharge the A/C. It doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the Montego, that's for sure. The Vic has peeling clearcoat and an incredibly grungy carpet. Still though, it's going to make an awesome extra car.

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Looks great! I'm in dire need of a washing/compounding/waxing on the wagon. It has not a drop of wax on it and I've only washed it like 2x since I bought it in June.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts