Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Has anyone had problems with NGK plugs in their bull
Nope, I have 3 of these plugs running in cylinders 4,5,6 (the easy plugs to get to) for the last 2 weeks on my 04 Duratec. Waiting to get my UIM gaskets. PCV, PCV hose, egr gaskets before I replace the plugs in cylinders 1,2,3.

These plugs call for a spark plugs gap of .060 instead of the .054 for the autolites.

With just the 3 new NGK plugs and the 3 original 75K autolites in my Duratec, I can see and feel the quicker acceleration that my Duratec is now giving me.

NGK plugs have less internal resistance in them compared to the autolites.

There good plugs.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!! I`m doing my plugs tonight.The only ****** thing is that I have to retap(inserts) on cylinders 1 and 3 or just loctite the plugs in.Haven`t decided what to do yet.Depends on how cold it is I guess lol.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you collect metal chips from re-tapping spark plug threads?
I covered the tap in white grease and then used compressed air to blow out the rest through the cylinder.As far as loctite goes I only use a little bit.Just enough to lock them in place.I have used it many times on different cars and never had a problem with ground issues.The amount used is very little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.