Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatcha wanna do for the next meet? Nick and I were planning on hosting a detailing/modding day at our house in June but it looks like we may be moving in a couple of weeks. If that's the case... anyone wanna come to a "Moving Meet"? hehe Just kidding, but if anyone cares to come along and help, we'll feed you. :)
I was thinking a BBQ and pool party type thing in late June. The apartment complex we're (hopefully) moving into is really nice and has a decent sized pool (not like the kiddie pool at the Holiday Inn in South Haven :lol2: ).
Ideas, comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Yeah, I was hoping that we can do a BBQ somewhere soon. Kensington Metro Park is a nice place, there is lots of parking/gathering places there. Plus Edward Hines drive is good as well.

WhatDoYouGuysThink? The apartment idea is good too.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
how bout this, we go to the gratiot cruise on saturday in june(date to be found out) then go to whoever's house for a bbq/bonfire/fix da car/mod da car/get wasted/whatever

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
If it was a sat night thing I'd be bout it bout it.

I'd offer up our apt, but we just moved in and with our schedule probably wont be settled in until we move out in a year. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greg's idea about doing Gratiot is cool but I can't cruise around and act retarded like everyone else because my license is technically suspended...
I'm up for a Sat night thing though...

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
we could just park the cars and watch or ride in my sho. Tons of stuff to do and watch. We could also do another dave and busters meet.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to be a cheap-a**, but $$ is tight right now since we're having to move and all. D&B would be fun but I'm not sure if I could make it.
Oh, and before we all go piling in your SHO, fix your rear suspension, pretty please? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
lol...will do it's going in this weekend hopefully

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Tara,

You can always ride with someone else, maybe. Its up to you guys. I want to make it to at least one meet this summer.

Besides, it would be fun to have a large Taurii parade in the Cruise.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the ideas you guys have had sound good. As long as I know ahead of time I can probably make it. Weekend stuff usually isn't a problem for me. I can't wait to have another meet! ROTB was such a blast I'm all excited about having another meet. B) We need to have a Geauga Lake meet sometime. (It's an awesome amusement park like Cedar Point.) I can get discount tickets for like $22 each, which is really cheap for there - or we can go to Cedar Point - I can get discount tickets for there, too - but I'm not sure how much. Anyways, we just need to pick some dates and stuff. :)

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
sounds like jason has are 4th of july weekend meet planned :D

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I'll vouch for Geauga Lake being a good park. It was bought by Six Flags a few years back, and now they've sold it to Cedar Point IIRC. Either way, it's a very nice place. I live about 10 minutes away, so we could probably meet up at my house if anyone wants to have a meet there.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
what about a toledo area meet? i know there isnt anyone that lives there, but that would be the middle meeting spot for most of the ohio/michigan members. anything fun to do there?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I beleive there are a few ShoForum members in the Toledo area. I'mm check over there and find out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, here is my idea. What if we had a Geauga Lake meet and made it like $30/person (including Geauga Lake tickets) and included a barbecue lunch and/or dinner, etc? There are pavilions and stuff outside Geauga lake where you can have your own picnic lunch/barbecue, etc. Then we could donate any leftover $$ to the club.

Or if there are a lot of people that want to come from out of town, we could make a weekend thing out of it. We could have everbody come to a campground near Geauga Lake on Friday night, camp and stay the night, then go to Geauga Lake all day Saturday then go to the campground Saturday night and have a bonfire, etc. then we could have time to BS and do whatever on Sunday before everybody left on Sunday.

What do you guys think? :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by NIGHT_RIDER@Jun 2 2004, 05:06 PM
I beleive there are a few ShoForum members in the Toledo area. I'mm check over there and find out.
Nick, do you want to see if any ShoForum people are interested in what I mentioned above?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like what SilverKnight said. :D

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I second Toledo, I would go for sure if we decide to hang out there. Maybe we can hang out in the fairgrounds area (where Ned Skelton is).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts