Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think your next car will be?

Right now im planing on keeping my sable till it dont run no more and then i wanna stay loyal to LM and right now im really interested in the Mercury Milan or a Lincoln MKS

those 2 cars are really appealing to me the most.... sadly the current Taurus just isnt cutting it for me just have to wait for the next generation

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
I wanna RX-8, but my better half wants a Tahoe.

We're probably getting a Tahoe

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
If I can figure out what to do with the Buick my next car will be another Gen II Sable with an Essex. Haven't decided on sedan or wagon yet.

Unless for some reason I need a truck before then, in which case it will probably be an extended-cab '80-'91 F-150 or 250 or a Bronco. 300, 351W, or diesel.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
a mercedes c-class... in silver.....

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Looking at a Suzuki SX4 Hatchback or a Madza B Series Truck.
Also the VW City Jetta is in the running...

the Taurus wont be leaving tho...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
a station wagon of crossover of some sort. I plan on keeping the Taurus through college unless something major happens, but im leaning towards a freestyle/taurus x

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
TBSS (then I'd get a 00-04 9C1 Impala and turbo it) or a GTO, though I think my lady friend is going to be looking for one next. MAYBE a CTS-V, but Idk about stick in Chicago, plus they have their quirks.

Though I really need to get out and test drive some cars, more so than making another impulse buy like I did with the Comp G--though I do love the car. Like, I also have a thing for the G35 sedan, and the G35 coupes, but they seem a little small for something that I'd daily drive.

Oh and modability IS crucial to me.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I would consider these: Shelby GT500, Saleen Mustang, Rousch Mustang, Land Rover Range Rover, SVT Taurus (if it happends), SVT Lightning, BMW M-series.

jeep grand cherokee(if i can find a nice one) or a sedan of sometype
[/b]
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8? Or regular?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Next car will have to be a Taurus/Sable. I am way too addicted to them to ever get anything else.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I would consider these: Shelby GT500, Saleen Mustang, Rousch Mustang, Land Rover Range Rover, SVT Taurus (if it happends), SVT Lightning, BMW M-series.

<div class='quotemain'>
jeep grand cherokee(if i can find a nice one) or a sedan of sometype
[/b]
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8? Or regular?
[/b][/quote]

You have extremely high hopes for your first job out of college, don't you?

My next car will likely be a Mustang GT, a Mazda6, or a F-150. I'm not sure, yet, though. If things work out the way I hope they do with my wife's job, by 2010, when the new Mustang design drops with the Boss motors, I hope to be in one of them, with the wife likely in a Volvo or a 330ci.

JR

·
Registered
799 Posts
After yesterday's nightmare of a trip home, I'm starting to think more about getting something AWD, or 4WD. The great thing about doing side work on other people's cars is that you get to drive a lot of different makes, and decide what you like the best.

My thoughts are a GMC Envoy XL, Trailblazer EXT, Tahoe or Chevy 4x4 crew cab. These would all come in handy for work purposes, however none of them are all that fuel efficient. I recently had a Subaru Outback 4 cyl. stick for a weekend, and I actually liked it a lot! Seemed to get good mileage too.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
After yesterday's nightmare of a trip home, I'm starting to think more about getting something AWD, or 4WD. The great thing about doing side work on other people's cars is that you get to drive a lot of different makes, and decide what you like the best.

My thoughts are a GMC Envoy XL, Trailblazer EXT, Tahoe or Chevy 4x4 crew cab. These would all come in handy for work purposes, however none of them are all that fuel efficient. I recently had a Subaru Outback 4 cyl. stick for a weekend, and I actually liked it a lot! Seemed to get good mileage too.
[/b]
My dad has a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab with the 5.3L Vortec, 4WD, off-road package, and limited slip diffs, with, I believe 3.93 rear gears. He gets 24 MPG highway, and about 18 around town. Combined, he's usually around 21 MPG. Not too bad.

JR

1 - 20 of 36 Posts