Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, since I am running out of things to do on the outside of the wagon I started playing inside again. When I was up in Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise I was given another idea. It was suggested to color change some woodgrain panels, but I went a different route.

I took the faceplate from a radio and color matched that to the body color.

This was really easy since I removed everything from the faceplate and only had to mask off the display window and the rings for the AC controls.

I completed this just before the NMRA show on Labor Day and it went over very well at the show, alot of positive comments. Here is a finished view of it in the wagon. Twenty minutes after these shots were done I changed the colors on the stainless panel filler above the ashtray and the ashtray itself are now also color matched to the radio and the console.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nice dude! I'll one-up it eventually when I get settled down again though. :p

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice dude! I'll one-up it eventually when I get settled down again though. :p
OHHHhhhhh and you think I am done, that was just version 1.0, I am already working on version 2.0. I have another show this week, but maybe i'll have time to work more on it next week.This may be a couple setps farther before you even start. LOL :lol2:

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
I have a REALLY good idea for you on that plate.... Think hydrographic printing.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
reddevilmedic: THANKS. The front lip / spoiler is actually home made with original Ford parts. I found a front bumper cover in the junk yard and cut along the lower body line. Then you turn the cut piece upside down and mount it right under the stock bumper cover.

00tec: OHhhhhh how some of us think alike. I am actually talking with a couple places now about getting guite a few parts hydrographic printing done. There is actually one company that is local (about an hours ride) that I may go wiht this winter.

nbpt100: The center console is from a floor shift car (I have colum shift) and was made into a gauge & switch panel. I took and removed the flip down console and installed the longer console. The opening for the shifter was filled with fiberglass, then I installed a digital volt meter and a digital transmission guage along with the switches for my driving lights. I did make a post on how this was made, just do a search and you will see how easy it is.

Thanks all again for the compliments.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
You can get film and activator rather cheap online. I was thinking about doing one of my cheap guns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts