Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with the sunny weather, still not warm but at least its not raining or snowing. I installed my new painted air box and master fuse block covers. They are painted to match the rest of the plastic on the engine. I know the whole package is really dirty, but thats just becasue I havent cleaned it from a long winter run in the snow and slush, but I had to put up some pics of the newest edition. The other pieces all seemed to survive the winter well, but it still needs a good underhood cleaning.

[attachment=29123:Red_engine_5sm.JPG]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments so far. YES, I am always working on things. I have some more ideas already, just waiting for the weather to break so I can work outside. I now have use of the winter beater ( now that the wifes mustang is out of the garage) so I can have the wagon down for a day or two while working on it. I am also looking for wxtra parts when I go to the pull a part, because everything I have painted is a second set of parts. Once the weather does break for good and I clean the car from its winter crud I will get some new pics of everything looking like it should.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Looks fantastic!

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Dave SES @ Apr 12 2009, 11:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717294
I was just thinking about painting my front valve cover. What type/brand of paint do you use? I would think it's easy to take off and replace. Just need a new gasket?[/b]
First off you shouldnt need a new gasket unless you mess up the old one while taking it off. The gasket is a large O- ring but there are a couple of spots with RTV at joints in the head. If your carefull, you can pull the gasket from it and then shave the RTV from the head with a razor. I also re-used the O-rings there also. The paint I used is a duplicolor 2 stage paint, silver base coat and then color top coat. I cleaned everything down with royal purple de-greaser and then an alcohol wipe after that dried. I let the silver base coat sit for almost a week each time I sprayed it and then put on the top coat and let it sit for a couple days before installing the parts. The silver covers really good, the red top coat was a little harder to get a good even coat, though a couple spots are still a little thin but they arent to visable. If you painted a straight color, like body color, that wouldnt be to hard for an even finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts