Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago (9,000 miles ago) my rear passenger side rotor was pretty grooved. The caliper pins on the driver side were stuck, so I replace the bracket and pins, and new rotors and Duralast Cmax pads.

Now, (9,000 miles later) my passenger side rotor is really grooved and there is nothing left on the passenger side pads. The driver side still has a lot of pad left.

Based on what I have read in the forums here, stuck pins are usually the culprit. The problem is, my pins aren't stuck, and they slide really easily. Should I just replace the entire passenger side caliper? Should I replace both the driver side and passenger side calipers? Or is it something else? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
What year do you have? Grooving is not a major problem IMHO. If the wheel is getting hot from the caliper sticking on then I would guess you have a Gen 2 and a bad brake hose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Gen 3. The passenger side pad is worn down all the way to the metal and there is only 9,000 miles on them. The driver side still has a ton of pad left. Do you mean the caliper piston could be sticking?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
No the brake hose will clog internally and not let the fluid pressure release. This lets the piston extend but not retract.

I have a set of new rear brake hoses if you're interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about the entire brake line, or just the rubber hose? If replacing it isn't too difficult, I may take you up on your offer.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
No just the rubber hoses.

The top connection where the hard line and rubber hose meet can be difficult to get loose. Just a little bit of heat on from a propane torch though is usually enough.

$20 shipped for two hoses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts