Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps, I just sighned up a few minutes ago. This is an excellent site, I never would have thought that there was a club for my ride. Well anyhow, I just purchased a 1999 Ford Taurus SE, and for a while I was the only one in my small town to be sporting one. But now I'm starting to see Taurus' and Sables' all over the place :eek: . I like to stand out (who doesn't). So please let me know what to do. Engine, Drivetrain, anything except audio, gots' that already. (everything is still stock)

Excuse me if these are dumb Qs' :homer: I was never really an automotive person until I got my own ride, now I can see why people love to spend money on there rides.

Thanks, Laterz

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Welcome to the TCCA!!!

There are a lot of mods you can do to your car, Check the users garages and see what others have already done.

Some simple and inexpensive things you can do are:
removing the intake silencer - free
replacing the air filter with a K&N or other similar high-flo air filter - ~ $45
Adding an engine torque strap - $5-10
Adding an Aux Trans cooler (the transmissions are the weak point in our cars) - $40-60
Install a Magnefine inline trans filter - $18-20
Replacing the stock headlight bulbs with a set of silverstar for brighter lights - $35-45
and the list goes on.....

The key however is the routine maintenance, if you aren't sure how it was maintained it wouldn't hurt to do the normal things like a tranny flush, an oil change, replace the air and fuel filter and the pcv valve also. Depending on how many miles you already got on it new plugs might not be a bad idea.

If money isn't much of an issue I'd HIGHLY recommend a chip or PCM reflash from americanmotorsport.com (Alberto). On that same note, if money isn't an issue you can also do exhaust work and Andy's Auto Sport is currently working on a Body Kit for the Gen3 Tauri and Sables that should be coming out next month i believe. That will definitely set you ride apart from the others in your town.

Don't hesitate to ask questions and enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
90 Posts
wanna make it stand out huh? ok, well you can get a huge aluminum wing, i mean a big one....lift it, don't lower it..... vinyl, eveyone loves vinyl graf-x's, make the doors lambo's in front and suicides in back, the 7 color rainbow led under car kit... put mudslingers on it along with some dinky mudflaps, dual exhaust with 2 carbon fiber series mufflers made for honda's, 4'' a piece.... theres lots of fun out of the park you can do....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Thanks for the Ideas. I'll try the inexpensive ones first to see what I get out of it. (Intake Silencer removal, High Perf. Filter, Aux Trans cooler) Not to sure what a torque strap is? :huh: I've been looking into the chip/PCM dealy yo. As for maintaining my car, I had everything flushed, changed, and so on... As soon as I got it.

TaurusRacerZ9 your ideas were a little off edge. I don't want my car to be a wannabe ricer. Thanks anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts