Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone!! First post and I have some questions....
First I have a White 99 Taurus with the duratec engine. I also have a 2000 Gt (also white, with many mods....hence the screen name :chili: ). I recently found this site from another, and you guys have already helped with a couple of things ie: flashing theft light and a possible solution to a check engine light that wasnt the EGR valve!!
But I notice the different generations, Which is mine considered? Also does anyone have a pic. of the DPFE? Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey racer, I guess Now I'm the new guy too. I just refound the site, I was one of the first Gen. members back in 01. Then I was Known as nascarmike, but for some reason this new site won't let me rejoin with my old handle. I have a Gen.1 "89" with what used to be a vulcan 3.0L, only thing is that I had the engine stroked by a friend at Evergreen racing up in Oregon, so now it's a 3.254L. I got alot of other mods that Ive done on this Bull over the years. So if you need any guidence about this stuff or our car in general just ask. the people on this sight have always been the best.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by padre@Aug 24 2004, 10:24 PM
Hey racer, I guess Now I'm the new guy too. I just refound the site, I was one of the first Gen. members back in 01. Then I was Known as nascarmike, but for some reason this new site won't let me rejoin with my old handle. I have a Gen.1 "89" with what used to be a vulcan 3.0L, only thing is that I had the engine stroked by a friend at Evergreen racing up in Oregon, so now it's a 3.254L. I got alot of other mods that Ive done on this Bull over the years. So if you need any guidence about this stuff or our car in general just ask. the people on this sight have always been the best.
Thanks again...Like I've mentioned just by reading Ive got some much needed help already. It seems like i have the "GT" of the Taurus Family, not the fatest, and not the slowest. The only problem with this newfound site is, now Im going to have to get mod money for two cars!!! Curse this thing called the internet! :pat:

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
welcome to the site,

now Im going to have to get mod money for two cars!!!
I know the fealing. 89 F150 and 94 SHO

one old are rusty (big displacement)
and one expensive and mostly discontinued car. (still hauls ass :D )

just hit 187,000 last night

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by somedude@Aug 25 2004, 02:27 PM
welcome to the site,

now Im going to have to get mod money for two cars!!!
I know the fealing. 89 F150 and 94 SHO

one old are rusty (big displacement)
and one expensive and mostly discontinued car. (still hauls ass :D )

just hit 187,000 last night
Glad im not alone! :D
BTW... Birmingham Ala.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by 12amracer@Aug 24 2004, 10:03 PM
Whats up everyone!! First post and I have some questions....
First I have a White 99 Taurus with the duratec engine. I also have a 2000 Gt (also white, with many mods....hence the screen name :chili: ). I recently found this site from another, and you guys have already helped with a couple of things ie: flashing theft light and a possible solution to a check engine light that wasnt the EGR valve!!
But I notice the different generations, Which is mine considered? Also does anyone have a pic. of the DPFE? Thanks for any help!
Welcome to the club!

Are you referring to a white 2000 Mustang GT or to a white Mitsubishi 3000 GT?

Just got a little confused.

JR

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by padre@Aug 24 2004, 11:24 PM
Oh snap! I remember you! I'll see if I can get you reunited with your old s/n. Got any current pics of the bull?

And welcome to the :tcca: 12amracer! Got some photos, I'd like to see the pair!

X

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by nascarmike@Aug 24 2004, 07:24 PM
Oh man...MIKE!!!! Great to have you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sorta assumed that you fell off the face of the earth when you got sick and stopped visiting!!!! :banana: :chili: :banana: :chili: :banana: :chili: :banana: :chili:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am new to the forum and have learned a lot by reading previous posts. I plan to be active in this club's forum because of the friendly and helpful contributions of the members. I am excited to find a place to share Taurus-related matters.
:banana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts