Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took advantage of working at a dealership :ford: and sold my Taurus and bought an 08 Escape XLS 4WD

I4 2.3L, 4 speed auto, 4WD. My first new car, and it's brand new!

Also, the day it came in on the convoy, I checked it in, washed and waxed it, and had it undercoated... 5 minutes after I left work that night I hit a deer. The FIRST deer i've ever hit and it was in my FIRST new car. I'm not joking. Luckily, I was going so slow by the time we collided that the deer didn't even get knocked down and all it did was crack the paint a little on the bumper, but unless you're looking for it, it's not noticeable.

Enough jabbering, here's the good stuff:

[attachmentid=23158]

[attachmentid=23159]

[attachmentid=23161]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That is nice. I should have looked at one. I didn't realize they made them look so...manly... compared to the previous one.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
How hard does the I4 have to work to get you around

Nice ride

Mike
B)

Why does ford feel they have to use 6 colors for the interior

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Its cool that you can get 4WD with the base engine.

Looks great! I like the color.

·
Registered
284 Posts
nice, why arent there any tints in it though?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Nice shade of blue on that Escape B) Congrats Ryne!

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Nice B)

Are those snow tires I see? The tread pattern kinda looks like it... If so, that must do amazing in snow/ice with 4WD and snow tires!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nice little ute you have there. My sister has an '03 and from my brief drive in a rental '08 I can tell you Ford made many improvements. Much quieter than the original. How is it with the 4-banger?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 4banger does okay. It's a little sluggish on hills, but it would have been a stretch money wise to afford the 6, so I didn't have much choice lol. Also, you can't get factory tint on the XLS, just on the XLT or Limited. I did get a free pin stripe though...

Jason, the brand new directional Winterforce snow tires with the 4wd are very nice. B)

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Jason, the brand new directional Winterforce snow tires with the 4wd are very nice. B)
[/b]
Impressive those came stock, good deal! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i wish they came stock... but i did get a good deal on them. $68 a piece and I only had to pay for three because of my discount

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
i wish they came stock... but i did get a good deal on them. $68 a piece and I only had to pay for three because of my discount
[/b]
That's a good deal! B)

Congrats again man, hope I get to see it in person sometime! That'll be good the next time we decide to trek into Canada in the thick of winter. ;) Enjoy! :)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
That'll get through some Erie winters :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
nice truck you got there whats that in your windsheild ...i have the whelen dual talon

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe even a Buffalo winter or two, Tom haha

The slim-miser is on the windshield... I just up'ed the anti too. I've got two in the front and one in the rear now. Not quite 360 coverage, but at least it's front and back. I'll get pictures this weekend

I really would like to get a Whelen 9M mini edge, but I can't bring myself to put holes in the roof just yet

1 - 19 of 19 Posts