Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

New Wheels/Rims

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mcsteven 
#1 ·
Anyone have advice on finding the best wheels for a 2002 Ford Taurus? I'm trying to replace my stock ones without buying a new set of tires. I believe the size is 16x6/6.5.

#3 ·
It’s not just width and diameter. You will also need to take into account offset and center bore. I will try to find the calculator that I uploaded which will show tire and wheel sizes and it will show you how much farther in and out everything is and how much shorter or taller everything is.

I would check any of the popular for sale sites and apps. You might search for “5X108.“ That is the lug pattern. Some wheels, like for the Lincoln LS, have too much of an offset for our cars. Depending on the width, you might find tires wheels from Volvos, Ford Fusions, the Ford Focus, Jaguars, and a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I’m not sure if you were looking for a factory or aftermarket rims. Either way, if you want to change the width for a later tire size change this might help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.