Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I figured I would post some pictures of my Cougar now that I got my new wheels on.

They are 17" Centerline Storms, and weigh 15lbs a piece. The Cougar lost 64lbs with this mod :)

Engine Bay:

And a couple fancy shots playing around with the camera.

So I went a little picture crazy.. oh well lol.

Let me know what you guys think :)

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Lookin good! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Damn nice! Those look like Gen III SHO chromies with a little slimmer spokes. Very nice tire choice! You'll like those VERY much!

JR

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I got them for $800 USD shipped with brand new rubber from another Cougar owner from newcougar.org.

The front drivers wheel is 2 years old.
Front passenger, rear drivers are less then a year old.
The rear passenger side is brand new.

But they are all in awesome shape, no curb rash, scratches, blemishes etc. etc. He took very good care of them.

You can order them new from centerlinewheels.com :)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Looks great...I really like those! :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man,

UPS said 15lbs and so did my scale at home. maybe you just have too much break dust caked on it :lol2:

Those wheels look hot on your CSVT tho. I love them on both Contours and Cougars, especially the darker ones. I was a bit weary about how it would look on a Cougar because they look so hot on Contours, until I saw pics of them on stealthyweasel's Cougar (who was the original owner of my wheels).

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Those are really sharp looking!!! Very nice car man B)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Those are really good lookin'!! And holy clean Couger! :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, yeah I'm a little anal about having a clean car lol. Especially black :) it just looks soooo good when its all clean and shiny. I usually dust it twice a day, once before I go anywhere or mid day and once before bed. Every couple days dust the interior and once a month Armour-all the inside.

In the summer I'll give it a polish and wax with Meguiars #26, and #7. They don't build up like other waxes/ polishes so it's safe to do it more often. Now that winter is over I'll wait until the roads are clean of sand and give it a clay, pain cleaner, and the old 26, and 7. I find a lot of people miss cleaning their tires and wheel wells, you don't notice it but when they are nice and clean with some tire shine it really brightens the whole car.

People do always ask me what the hell I do with the car to keep it so clean lol. I guess I enjoy cleaning it and love how it looks when it's spotless. It's my daily driven show car haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts