Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting something different for my 92 Sable ever since I bought it and I saw a picture of another sable with these factory style wheels offered from the mid-90's on the higher trim level sable/taurus. I picked these up from fellow member on these forums who is parting out a 95 Taurus. I decided after some thought to paint these sparkle silver and to finish them off with wheel clear topcoat w/metal flake. The factory finish just wasn't something that I felt could be saved on two of the wheels. I can't take all the credit on getting these wheels clean they came to me much cleaner than the original photo shows, but still had places with heavy baked on built up brake dust. Cleaner would not take it off so I had to sand/scrape to get it cleaned entirely. Here are the results. I haven't had the tires mounted to them yet...I have to leave them set for about a week to cure before I take them to have the tires swapped. No pics of center caps yet since I haven't received them. I found a set of the correct mercury logo caps on ebay for $24.99 free shipping to replace the Ford branded caps that came with these wheels. I think the result speaks for itself...I was a tad worried just what it would turn out to look like. The pic of the refinished wheel was the worst one and I'm happy with the finish. The others will turn out a tad nicer as they weren't quite as bad as this one going in. I'll post more once they have been mounted and on the car.

BEFORE:

AFTER(two coats adhesion promoter, 3 color coats, 2 coats metallic clear:

Jeff

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts