Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Nashville, got to meet Kirk, Chris, John, Rick, and a few more.. kool people with their bad ass SHO's. I saw one there for sale I might pick up in a month or so for a daily driver.

I went because I bought some rims/tires and brakes from Kirk, and had to pick them up.

I will post pictures of the wheels on the car soon. The brakes will go on once I get rear ones put on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
...what is that... Monochromatic Taurus Car Club of Wherever??? Wish i had a pink Taurus to plop in there....... :lol2:

Rims look good, and actually I do like the picture, I just never seen white, black, or silver taurus's in my area

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I'm guessing those are the wheels off of Stormtrooper? Those are gonna look badass on your car. Definitely have to post pics of those installed. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Aug 28 2004, 06:58 PM
The OTHER black SHO is the one I might be picking up.
What do you mean the "OTHER" one? there is only one black SHO :p

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha... just wanted to see how long it took someone to catch the "OTHER" haha.. nice. It really wasn't a convention just a Kirk appearance. I think 10 cars were to get their cams welded. One of those white SHO's has 32k miles on it!! I'm about to clean my wheels and put them on Pictures will come before noon (central time). They are kirk's old rims and brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The new look. The tires are noisier than the stock ones, but they are directional Z rated tires. They felt great at speed and taking turns at the speeds I usually do I heard no tires squealing or even remotely wanting to break loose. I am absolutely amazed!

I'm pleased with the look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Just saw this now...those rims look great! Your car is coming along really nicely.

I have one question though...if the rims were black from the Stormtrooper, was the car black? I can't remember now. If so, why was it called the Stormtrooper when stormtroopers wore all white?

JR

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
They are absolutly BAD ASS!!. After my friend showed up last weekend in a black '04 and seeing yoiurs with the new wheels I kick myself in the ass for not getting black. What size wheels are they and is the overall diameter of the tire smaller than stock?

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Thats it!! Im getting some SVT's!! The car looks without a doubt...HAWT! B)

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 30 2004, 06:31 AM
Just saw this now...those rims look great! Your car is coming along really nicely.

I have one question though...if the rims were black from the Stormtrooper, was the car black? I can't remember now. If so, why was it called the Stormtrooper when stormtroopers wore all white?

JR
Trooper was white, hence Stormtrooper.

The tires are Kuhmo Ecstas. IIRC they're 225/45/17's, but I could be wrong.

I like the wheels, just not crazy about the black. As long as it's the look you were going for though, nice job! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kumho Supra's 235/45/R17 17" rims 7" wide. All black is what I'm going for, I dunno about the Red Cobra calipers.. Might have to get them powder coated black as well.. we shall seee..

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
That car is one of a kind. I like the look, its very different.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the compliments. I decided to delay my supercharger a bit so I can buy a little clunker daily driver.. so I'm about to send a check out to put some money down on one I found. The Duratec project should be finished in a year though, don't stress on that. I'm getting a new job this month so all will be gooood. They allow us to take out loans through the company of up to 50k haha.. I KNOW I won't do that but it might help things go smoother later on.

Anyways here's the little beater that I'm gettin'

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Black SHO for a beater...definitaly jealous

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Sep 1 2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I decided to delay my supercharger a bit so I can buy a little clunker daily driver.. so I'm about to send a check out to put some money down on one I found. The Duratec project should be finished in a year though, don't stress on that. I'm getting a new job this month so all will be gooood. They allow us to take out loans through the company of up to 50k haha.. I KNOW I won't do that but it might help things go smoother later on.

Anyways here's the little beater that I'm gettin'
you suck :notworthy:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts