Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

OK, I get one issue solved then this!!! A shop put this in about a month ago. Not MC!!! I have the receipt. Apparently this shop uses cheapo parts and is always in a HURRY. Not going back there that is for sure, plus will report them.
If image is too small its in my album here.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Weep hole leaking means that the internal seal failed. Doesn't have nothing to do with the labor quality...

That's why when I replaced myself the water pump, I bought a new one, not a remanufactured - I don't like to work twice on same thing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weep hole leaking means that the internal seal failed. Doesn't have nothing to do with the labor quality...

That's why when I replaced myself the water pump, I bought a new one, not a remanufactured - I don't like to work twice on same thing.
Thanks. I thought at first the t-stat issue had come back.

True, I am still a little upset. There was another issue with the same place with the t-stat, a non Motorcraft was used.

On the new one you got was it a MC?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
So that is where the weep hole is on a Vulcan? Been wondering that. Sorry about the repair not working out, but good capture of the issue with the camera.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that is where the weep hole is on a Vulcan? Been wondering that. Sorry about the repair not working out, but good capture of the issue with the camera.
Yep, a Vulcan. The pump is only a month old when I checked the repair bill.

Thanks, it took 3 tries to get it.

When I saw steam once again coming from the car I thought, what now.
My chiropractor recommend this other guy and he is GOOD! He found the so called "new" t-stat and put in a MC,Bingo problem solved.Amazing what the jiggle valve does, the other one did not have it.
He will be doing the repair. I am not going back to the other place. The BBB has a F rating for it.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I will always used a Ford theromostat...the aftermarket ones just don't always seem to either fit right or have the right parts to them. Heck RockAuto has 'em cheap cheap! Where are you located...so you can warn others to stay away from this F rated shop...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I used the premium line of Stant t-stats (they call them "SuperStat") in My Explorer and my Sable (I was experimenting with lower temperature - 180, 185F)...
Can't complain for now, are doing the job great.

·
Banned
323 Posts
I always used Stant in my pre Taurus cars, way back when. They have an excellent reputation. I've found, though, that with the Taurus and Focus, I've had to use the Motorcraft thermostats for the best results. Hopefully the Stant will work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I will always used a Ford theromostat...the aftermarket ones just don't always seem to either fit right or have the right parts to them. Heck RockAuto has 'em cheap cheap! Where are you located...so you can warn others to stay away from this F rated shop...

Its in Kansas City, Mo. I am thinking of joining AngiesList as well.

Went shopping for a new pump online. Oreilly has the Motorcraft for $108 and their house brand new pump is $50. Rock Auto has it for $70 plus shipping.

Motorcraft radiator caps are also better I have found.

Lesson learned.

·
Registered
23,582 Posts
Ive used several oreilly rebuilds (ford pumps) for $30-40 with lifetime warr. on my gen3 tecs over the years with nary a problem.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
If you can replace it yourself, at 50$ versus 157$... I would go with the Master Pro one.
If you have to pay labor again... I would pay the extra 100$ for peace of mind.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trying to figure out how to approach the shop that put the water pump in.
I already have confronted them on the T-stat issue, and got back some money. I am not good at this sort of thing.

·
Banned
323 Posts
You just go to the shop, explain that the coolant is coming out the weep hole, which indicates to you that an internal seal in the water pump is bad, and you would like them to replace it.

They should not charge you the price of a replacement pump...see if they'll split the difference in the labor charge with you. It's not their fault the pump failed, so I wouldn't expect them to not charge labor.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You just go to the shop, explain that the coolant is coming out the weep hole, which indicates to you that an internal seal in the water pump is bad, and you would like them to replace it.

They should not charge you the price of a replacement pump...see if they'll split the difference in the labor charge with you. It's not their fault the pump failed, so I wouldn't expect them to not charge labor.
There some other shenanigans that have gone on there that makes me not to even go back.

Ever since one guy left it has not been the same.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Are you sure it's the water pump and not the timing cover?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.