Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

New To The Forum

3K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Noir04 
#1 ·
I'm a Ford freak and have been my entire life. Here's a little background on me.

I raced a super dirt stock dirt car which had a Taurus body and a Super Late model with a Taurus body. The super dirt stock had a 398 all steel ford motor with about 550 HP...had to run a 2 barrel or I could've gotten in the 600's with it. The super late model had a 358 aluminum head motor originally built for Busch racing with 760 HP...it was a blast. I'll post pics of the cars sometime.

Well I just found this page and have a 1997 stock Taurus sadan. Always wanted to make it look like a NASCAR. So it looks like I came to the right place for help.

What does "GEN 3 or 4" mean?

Thanks,
Gary

#3 ·
Major skin or chassis changes. The Gen1 was the first Taurus/Sable, obviously. Gen2 came about when Ford changed the skin for 92. Gen3 is the 96+ ovoid joke they played on the car, and Gen4 is the skin change that makes the car look more squareish now.

You won't be dropping those V8's into your Taurus any time soon, but if you have enough money laying around (about $10k), you can get a Gen1 or 2 SHO up to 500 ponies.

#4 ·
Welcome to the :tcca:! Stick around, you'll like this place - a lot. Sounds like you've got some pretty nice race experience in your hands, I'm sure 99% of the people here would kill for a 760-horse bull.

#5 ·
As everyone else has said, welcome! Glad to see another Ford freak in the club. I just ask one thing of you. Please please please don't call them "NASCAR's". NASCAR is an association, and that association races stock cars. :grin2:

-Rob

#11 ·
Welcome!!!!!!! Since I am too lazy to look it up where are you from. Just wondered what region you were in. If you want to find out for yourself what region you are in you can check the membership map and get yourself added. You will have a great time here and hope to see those pics as soon as possible.

#13 ·
I'm from the Cincinnati, Ohio area. I'm a real estate agent full time and do vinyl decals on the side. I'll post some of my sign work later. I got a pretty good TAURUS window decal.

Here are my race cars. I can't find the CD with my good pictures on them. When I first bought my Super Dirt Stock it had #10 on it. The picture was taken about 3 months before I bought the car. The Super Late model #31 is not a very good photo. I'll keep seaching for my CD.

The Cornett motor is the "Big Dog" as you can tell by looking at the trick intake and big port Yates heads.

Hope the pictures post correctly.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Attachments

G
#20 ·
Originally posted by RacerX31@Sep 8 2004, 12:12 AM
I'm from the Cincinnati, Ohio area. I'm a real estate agent full time and do vinyl decals on the side. I'll post some of my sign work later. I got a pretty good TAURUS window decal.

Here are my race cars. I can't find the CD with my good pictures on them. When I first bought my Super Dirt Stock it had #10 on it. The picture was taken about 3 months before I bought the car. The Super Late model #31 is not a very good photo. I'll keep seaching for my CD.

The Cornett motor is the "Big Dog" as you can tell by looking at the trick intake and big port Yates heads.

:jawdrop:

Beautiful!

There's quite a few members in the Ohio area, and they get together a few times a year. You're in good company out there.

Vinyl decals, eh? Signs too? We'll have to talk at some point. I'll be needing some signs soon for my side business, Anonda Motorsports. I make suspension modifications (strut tower bars, subframe connectors, swaybar upgrades, etc), and have done some pretty one-off projects, such as overboring the secondaries on the Duratec engines, swapping SVT Contour heads onto a 3.0 for higher compression, and Baby SHO (Brad) and I are now working on a 5-speed swap on his 99 Duratec. This is also the same car that will have the high-compression engine.

In short, I think we're gonna get along just fine. :)

#24 ·
Originally posted by RacerX31@Sep 8 2004, 12:12 AM

That is just AWESOME :notworthy: :cool_shades:

Welcome to the club :)

#25 ·
Originally posted by Racer X@Sep 9 2004, 12:43 AM
What's this I hear about another Racer X? <_<

lol j/k man. Welcome to the club! It's always nice to have another face around here! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

- Hamal
hahahhaa Jamal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.