Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just joined. Nice site and very informative lol. Anyways I actually have an '02 Ford Ranger EDGE Supercab but my Dad has the Taurus. It's a dark red '94 GL sedan (Gen 2) with only 60k and has been our loyal transportation since we got it new. This car is knock on wood which has had no major problems. He drives his worktruck so he hardly drives the Taurus.

Heres the question. I'm lookin for the crystal clear headlights off an 93-95 LX model. Are they a direct fit like the base model (GL)? I'm also curious of how you remove the headlights? I knew about the retainer pins I believe but being the car is 11 years old I can't seem to budge them hahaha. I need to know the Ford Part numbers since they're 2 types I believe. There was a headlight/tailight site that showed 2 versions.

Just need to know since it's a Fathers day gift from me. I'm also throwing in Sylvania Silverstar 9007s with the headlights he'll be pleased. Thanks guys, Cliff.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by 94taurus02EDGE@Jun 9 2004, 10:38 PM
Hey guys I just joined. Nice site and very informative lol. Anyways I actually have an '02 Ford Ranger EDGE Supercab but my Dad has the Taurus. It's a dark red '94 GL sedan (Gen 2) with only 60k and has been our loyal transportation since we got it new. This car is knock on wood which has had no major problems. He drives his worktruck so he hardly drives the Taurus.

Heres the question. I'm lookin for the crystal clear headlights off an 93-95 LX model. Are they a direct fit like the base model (GL)? I'm also curious of how you remove the headlights? I knew about the retainer pins I believe but being the car is 11 years old I can't seem to budge them hahaha. I need to know the Ford Part numbers since they're 2 types I believe. There was a headlight/tailight site that showed 2 versions.

Just need to know since it's a Fathers day gift from me. I'm also throwing in Sylvania Silverstar 9007s with the headlights he'll be pleased. Thanks guys, Cliff.
Hello Cliff, welcome to the :tcca:!

The 94-95 "discoballs" came on both LX and SE cars. Make sure you get the bulb retainers, they're the round black plastic items that screw onto the back of the housings, there should be four, each should have three tabs on the inside.

The clips can be removed with a pair of long snap-ring pliers, hook the ends of the pliers into the little holes on the retaining clips, spread the clip, and wiggle it up and out. Try to save em if ya can.

Not sure of the part number, but I know you'll get raped if you buy em from a stealership. Check on eBay, they usually go for under $120.00.

Hope this helps.

Tom

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I found it helpful for removing the retaining clips to let them soak in WD-40 for a little while, cuz mine were really rusted on there, the WD-40 helped big time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i've already tried WD-40 but still didin't budge. Untouched for 11 years can get ya lol. As soon as I get them i'll removed them. I've removed the 2 retainer pins off my '02 Ranger more then I clean it haha. Actually I can try to find a nearby junkyard for them. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts