Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hello...

I just bought a

2001 SEL Taurus with leather, and the Mach system. Traded in my POS Probe (which seized up on the way to Ford), and I've had the car for about a week, and love it. So with a Ford warranty and no need for mods, i'm just saying hello and will pop in time to time.

MY car has 21k on the clock, it's nice owning a newer car :banana:

Things I wish were on the car

1. the back seat arm rest with cup holders... I betcha I can find one that matches my leather

2. The freaking antena should be a motorized one. I hate how it looks. They should have built it into the car at least.

3. How the heck do I tell if I have traction control?

4. Where can I find the list of options that were avalible for the 01 SEL?

5. The heater/ac control center should of been angled up a bit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Ahh! Another former Probe owner! Welcome to the club! I had a 1996 Probe SE 2.0L awhile ago. It was a fun car but was really expensive to fix.

What happened? What year was the Probe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Jun 13 2004, 07:30 PM
Ahh! Another former Probe owner! Welcome to the club! I had a 1996 Probe SE 2.0L awhile ago. It was a fun car but was really expensive to fix.

What happened? What year was the Probe?
1994 Probe GT with 140 on the clock. I blew the tranny and put into a reman one and blew it up on the way to Ford. It seized. So i did the deal and told Ford my trade in in on 441 In Lauderdale and that they should go get it :D .. They were not happy, but fock them..

I hated every min with my probe. I'm a Stang guy from a stang family, but one of my brothers has a SHO, it's nice, but a real idiot put the worlds worst shifter in it. The throws are miles long and rubbery... My T5 with a power tower in my stang was the best shifter i've ever driven.

The probe was just too much to work on. The engine mounts were 700 bucks and took hours to do, unlike my stang which was 50 bucks and 20 mins...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
A Stang guy driving a Probe? Man, you must have got all sorts of flack for that one. hehe.

My Probe was a pretty nice one but I got tired of all the BS stuff that was going wrong with it. It had a nasty habbit of losing power while driving it. No one could really figure out what was wrong with it. It was fun while it lasted but I needed money so I bought my In-Laws 1992 Taurus Wagon and sold the Probe.

Welcome again

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
If you have traction control there will be a large button by your gauges that says "T/C." You can't miss it, trust me. There is also a little green light in the gaugues that lights up when the key is inserted and turned to on. It is a little tire with rocks coming up from behind it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
WElcome to the :tcca:, very nice car! Got any pics of the Saleen?

J

·
0 Posts
Your cup holders in the rear should fold down from under the rear A/C vents. I didn't notice mine at first. :)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Howdy! Very sweet car! Dont be a stranger to the forums now, they are most helpful. peace!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh the cup holders are in the center console.. Damm I haven't even sat back there yet, I gotta look for them today. Thanks for the TC pic aswell, now i can look for that aswell.

As for pics of the saleen, well I never bought one, I had a 91 5.0, but my brother joe has a 90 saleen 5.0 and a 1999 XP8 Saleen Explorer with the SC. My brother Tom just sold his 1996 Saleen speedster, and my brother Dave still has his 199? SHO...

Here is the XP8

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/307357

The 90 Saleen

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/420062
Heads go on it this week, should run low 12's..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the club!!! There's tons of useful information in here, but be careful, it becomes addictive.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by NateNBeckie@Jun 14 2004, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the club!!!  There's tons of useful information in here, but be careful, it becomes addictive.
:withstupid: Yes, very addictive. Welcome to the :tcca: Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the welcome, and I know first hand how addicting it can become. I'm a post ***** in the club world here in the south beach/Miami/Lauderdale area. www.cooljunkie.com

anyway, yea, my Taurus is very business like and very adultish, and thats why I bought it. I only buy American cars, and so does my family.

Since I have the temp system where you just set it, is my AC running all the time? How can I tell? I'm eating gas up big time, while I love the sytem, I would go windows down but I don't want to ruin that new car smell just yet ;)

I'll have my little brother email me a pic of his SHO, and I will post it. It use to say

"SHO Time" on the windsheild..

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the pics, but I think the cup holds should be on the arm rest like my buddies impala.. I don't think I have the Traction control, it doesn't test lite when i put the key in and turn it one notch on.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I would venture to say that your bull did not come equipped with it then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts