Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this morning I was at the pull a part on the east side of Cleveland. They had just put down a 2001 taurus last night so when I got there, I was one of the first to get my hands on it. Its a blue '01 with a '04 lower bumper cover and grill and some great looking tires. I am thinking of picking these up and putting them on the red wagon, whats your opinions ????? Maybe we could make these the "official" tire of the TCCA :eek: .

[attachment=33228:tire.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
QUOTE (DLC360 @ May 22 2010, 04:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806103
Well, this morning I was at the pull a part on the east side of Cleveland. They had just put down a 2001 taurus last night so when I got there, I was one of the first to get my hands on it. Its a blue '01 with a '04 lower bumper cover and grill and some great looking tires. I am thinking of picking these up and putting them on the red wagon, whats your opinions ????? Maybe we could make these the "official" tire of the TCCA :eek: .

[attachment=33228:tire.jpg][/b]
thats a vogue tire they run about 200 250 each new
that has always been a cool lookin tire in my book but too far out of my price range

how much does he want for all 4..but idk if it would look good on your ride

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:eek:

Shenanigans.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WELL.....LOL....This set is well worn, they are what I would call May-pops. If you look about the 1 o'clock position, that is whats left of the tread seperating from the belts. I agree on the right car they do look good, but to see them on a taurus, that was a little odd. I cant see them on my car either. I am very happy with the plain black walls on my ride. I just had to post this on here to see the comments.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Haha yea pretty odd looking :eek:

·
Registered
809 Posts
:lol2: You got me on this one, I first saw the tire on that wheel and I was like :blink: . Then I agreed that on the right car they would look alright. B) My own opinion, they don't look very good on the Taurus wheel at all.

But then again that's just my opinion and not even my wife listens to that!! :lol2:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
They would only look right on a Taurus that has those awful eye holes on the front fenders, coupled with low riding rims. That is just plain wrong to do on these cars, but maybe a old early 80's Buick or Caprice would be okay.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
QUOTE (DLC360 @ May 22 2010, 07:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806157
WELL.....LOL....This set is well worn, they are what I would call May-pops. If you look about the 1 o'clock position, that is whats left of the tread seperating from the belts. I agree on the right car they do look good, but to see them on a taurus, that was a little odd. I cant see them on my car either. I am very happy with the plain black walls on my ride. I just had to post this on here to see the comments.[/b]
raised white letter tires might look good on a taurus..anybody have them

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
QUOTE (GODFATHER @ May 22 2010, 10:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806180
QUOTE (DLC360 @ May 22 2010, 07:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806157
WELL.....LOL....This set is well worn, they are what I would call May-pops. If you look about the 1 o'clock position, that is whats left of the tread seperating from the belts. I agree on the right car they do look good, but to see them on a taurus, that was a little odd. I cant see them on my car either. I am very happy with the plain black walls on my ride. I just had to post this on here to see the comments.[/b]
raised white letter tires might look good on a taurus..anybody have them

[/b][/quote]

You are right, I have seen raised white letters on a gen 3 all black with black windows (maybe not legal, but cool to see)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Those tires were often seen on the Caddy's. There was A Gen IV w/ those tires on here before and a Gen III w/ raised white letters (one w/ solid white letters and the one below w/ outlined white letters)

[attachment=33233:cc.jpg]

[attachment=33234:24.jpg]

[attachment=33235:a8_4.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
QUOTE (mh488 @ May 22 2010, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806170
:lol2: You got me on this one, I first saw the tire on that wheel and I was like :blink: . Then I agreed that on the right car they would look alright. B) My own opinion, they don't look very good on the Taurus wheel at all.

But then again that's just my opinion !! :lol2:[/b]

(edited for non appropriate comment about the best thing that ever happened to me...my wife :wub: )

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
i think that the only raised white letter tire out now for a 16" rim
is for light trucks and suv's...tons of 15" tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts