Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a Taurus owner for years. I finally bought a Slick SES with leather I have always wanted.

I would like to increase the performance a bit. Any recommendations on adding horsepower? Making the suspension a bit stiffer etc. What should I do first?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't think the dealer would appreciate somebody walking in and saying "i don't like what ford did, make it faster for less money!"

Go with loudsho92's advice.

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
^^^^^ +1

Dealers do not modify cars, they return them to factory specs (if you are lucky enough to get a mechanic who actually knows what they are doing) in exchange for ungodly amounts of $$$$

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dealers typically don't like doing mods and when they do find mods they blame any problems on them.
come on u know what i mean here. everyone knows that dealers don't do mods, but can get suggestions off the record..actually my bad, the better word would have been a professional who does mods on a regular basis..not an actual dealer.

·
Registered
671 Posts
A performance shop would be a better place to go too.
I've been laughed out of my fair share of performance shops for not owning a "real" car. If you luck out and find some decent guys, they'll give you basic advice, but the only people who carry real aftermarket performance parts for these things are SHOsource & moranav6racing.com IF you have a vulcan. Which you don't. So go to SHOsource & buy 4 corners of (G3) KYB shocks & big sway bars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts