1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
nice

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Definately pictures taken today from the Dearborn MI testing and development area.
You can see our 8 inches of snow we received today! :)

The bull is lookin good!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Looks like a decent sedan, but still fairly plain. It's major competition is Camry, Accord, Passat, and Malibu.... all of which offer 4cyl engines and at least in the case of the Camry, a manual transmission.... so fuel mileage is going to be a big issue for consumers and the Taurus doesn't offer a small engine. For the Taurus to sell, it will need to be excellent value for money despite average fuel mileage.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Sweetness... looks more acura ish from the rear

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like it! Hopefully they offer a v8 this time.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Why does everybody think this is an intermediate? :confused:

Last I checked the Gen VI was going to be a fullsize just like the Gen V.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Merged.

Front and REAR disc brakes, Nice :banana:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to admit I liked it better with the camo on :S I hate those stupid chrome... thingie... on the front fenders! I really hope they don't sail this car too far upmarket... It should be like the Camry/Accord to Ford and not the Avalon... I hate to say it, but I'd rather it be a fleet queen, then what an old man drives inbetween a golf cart and a rascal scooter...

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I have to admit I liked it better with the camo on :S I hate those stupid chrome... thingie... on the front fenders! I really hope they don't sail this car too far upmarket... It should be like the Camry/Accord to Ford and not the Avalon... I hate to say it, but I'd rather it be a fleet queen, then what an old man drives inbetween a golf cart and a rascal scooter...
[/b]

I think it will end up more like the Avalon. The Fusion is a better fit as the "people's car". I doubt Ford will produce a budget trim level for such a big car. It's major selling points are going to be interior space, safety, and features....

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I think it will end up more like the Avalon. The Fusion is a better fit as the "people's car". I doubt Ford will produce a budget trim level for such a big car. It's major selling points are going to be interior space, safety, and features....
[/b][/quote]

Well, in that case it's going to be a major flop just like the Five Hundred which deeply pains me! When is Ford going to realize that the Taurus was "king of the road" when it was a volume seller that was the #1 selling car in North America for 5 years straight... It's like they took the most valuable player in their lineup, took it around back and beat it to a pulp, and then felt so bad that they brought it back as some fat, over stuffed land yacht... Cars in the "fullsize" segment don't sell unless they come in a police package!

I guess we'll never have our Taurus back so long as the Fusion is around! Can't wait to have that gen5 with a big engine and the "ST" label.
:rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Looks like a decent sedan, but still fairly plain. It's major competition is Camry, Accord, Passat, and Malibu.... all of which offer 4cyl engines and at least in the case of the Camry, a manual transmission.... so fuel mileage is going to be a big issue for consumers and the Taurus doesn't offer a small engine. For the Taurus to sell, it will need to be excellent value for money despite average fuel mileage. [/b]
It does not compete with them it competes with the Avalon, Impala, Maxima group

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought those taillights looked familar... Very Escape with the Cs in them...

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
And who buys a Camry with a stick anyways?

I want a Taurus in refrigerator white with steelies and a big engine!

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well, in that case it's going to be a major flop just like the Five Hundred which deeply pains me! When is Ford going to realize that the Taurus was "king of the road" when it was a volume seller that was the #1 selling car in North America for 5 years straight... It's like they took the most valuable player in their lineup, took it around back and beat it to a pulp, and then felt so bad that they brought it back as some fat, over stuffed land yacht... Cars in the "fullsize" segment don't sell unless they come in a police package!

I guess we'll never have our Taurus back so long as the Fusion is around! Can't wait to have that gen5 with a big engine and the "ST" label.
:rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:
[/b][/quote]
What are they going to do, take the Fusion and call it a Taurus and call the Taurus... Galaxie?

That'll go over well with consumers.

How long is it going to take for people to accept that the 1986-vintage Taurus is dead? Yes, the 2000 Taurus should've come out in 1996 and the Fusion should've been the 2000 Taurus and if that were the case it'd probably still be a best-seller.

But that didn't happen.

People here should be glad the Taurus is still in production at all.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts