Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum. I have about 8,000 miles on the new SHO. So far it is great. Initially, the rear sunshade would not retract all the way. The dealer fixed it right away. Then the front brakes started to make some noise which is getting progressively worse, a loud grinding noise on moderate to heavy braking:angry:. The dealer is waiting for a fix to arrive, but I have not heard from them yet. I hear it is a common problem and that there should be a TSB soon. I really like the automatic windshield wipers; they are great on a trip with intermittent rain. Also the automatic dimming headlights seem to work really well. a great car, best I ever owned:)!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Boy, the world is small. Was born and raised in Lancaster, most of family still in that area. I get back there once or twice a year.

As for the breaks, there is a TSB on them. There is also a TSB on transmission issues, mostly hunting gears at lower speeds. Mine would hunt at low speeds, drop out of cruise, and twice went into the limp home mode. It will cure itself with a restart. I was able to get a vehicle health report via sync which helped in repair. A new TSB just came out last week on engine missing, this deals with certain spark plugs causing the issue.

Love the car, also red, and have about 14K on it now. The only issue I have is that I leave the key fob in the car while parked in the garage. When I go out, I forget to put it in my pocket, and have to get back in the car to retreive it so I can lock it. The keyless start is nice, but a PITA if you don't take then key with you. Also, after driving a Taurus with an ignition key, the key really looks out of place sticking out where the keyless button is on the SHO.:blush:

FWI, the 2011 is supposed to have a power increase. If and when my dealer ever get one, my tech is going to check and see if it's compatible with the 2010. If so, we'll reprogram mine with it. :D

One other thing if/when they reprogram your car. Make sure your tech knows you either have or don't have the performance package. They have different gear rations. If they put the wrong one in, you may be speeding and don't know it.:angry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update on brakes

I am new to the forum. I have about 8,000 miles on the new SHO. So far it is great. Initially, the rear sunshade would not retract all the way. The dealer fixed it right away. Then the front brakes started to make some noise which is getting progressively worse, a loud grinding noise on moderate to heavy braking:angry:. The dealer is waiting for a fix to arrive, but I have not heard from them yet. I hear it is a common problem and that there should be a TSB soon. I really like the automatic windshield wipers; they are great on a trip with intermittent rain. Also the automatic dimming headlights seem to work really well. a great car, best I ever owned:)!
The brakes were fixed last week, new front rotors and pads. What a difference! Smooth braking with no noise.:)

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Just to update, have now had the new SHO for over a year and it is as fine and good as the older versions of the Taurus and the Sable that we have owned or own. I still love driving it and still think it is a great looking car, not to mention offers great features and is a just overall great ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie to this board...I've got 20k on my 2010 and I love the car. Perf Pack so I don't think the brake recall applies to mine. I have noticed premature wear though. I am going to go with a brake upgrade on the front as soon as it's time for new pads. Front brakes are too small for my liking.

My other small complaint is the interior noise; lots of tiny rattles and squeaks from the plastic.

But, I love the car. I ate up a WRX yesterday who tried to squeeze me into a parked car...:lol2:
Mike C.

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
In case any of y'all missed this thread......

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/114-5th-6th-gen-maintenance-repair/167278-complete-list-tsbs-2010-eb-shos.html#post1660674

RC10 welcome aboard to the wonderful world of the TCCA!

Much like your new SHO, you will find this place to be great as well!

We do like pictures around here, so with that being said, either post a few up, or be sure to take a few moments to complete your "My Garage" section.

Speaking of the "My Garage" tab..... I've noticed quite a few of you "defectors" still have yet to fill that out as well.

It's yet another great feature of being here at TCCA!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi RC10, my family is from southern Ohio, Miegs County to be specific.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts