Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I have the same HU. I have had no problems in the 3 months since install.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I left the 6x9's in the boxes because I thought that I could get better sound out of them in the boxes than in the parcel shelf. I do have them running off of the amp so there is a bit of vibration coming from them. I think that they sound really good. DO you guys think that they would sound better in the shelf? And yeah, my kids love them as foot rest. Thanks to all.....

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I don't know if you can or not with the subbox but you could get a little longer screw and put the speakers in the shelf with the boxes behind them, if they will fit. Where are you stations at? My wife and I just got back from England and I got all of my Kenwood stuff at the BX there. I was going to get the subbox. How does it sound anyway? I have always been a big fan of bandpass boxes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by carraudio@Sep 29 2004, 07:57 AM
I don't know if you can or not with the subbox but you could get a little longer screw and put the speakers in the shelf with the boxes behind them, if they will fit. Where are you stations at? My wife and I just got back from England and I got all of my Kenwood stuff at the BX there. I was going to get the subbox. How does it sound anyway? I have always been a big fan of bandpass boxes.
Stationed in Baumholder, Germany. The PX is great for namebrand stuff. Just wish they had more of it. I love the box. Best part was that the PX stopped carrying it and had one left. I got it on clearance. Total for the box that you see. $139. Pretty coll, huh? I will look into mounting the 6x9's like you said. I have a pretty good bit of sound coming through them and I think that I would mess up just making the wholes larger. Like I said before, I still have the 4 factory speakers hooked up. So total I am running 6 speakers and 2 subs. Let me know what you think...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
You're probably going to get better sound out of the 6x9's is they're mounted in the shelf, because they're built to be free air, and will be able to move more if they're mounted in a free-air application, rather than in an enclosed application. I have been told, however, that it is difficult to get 6x9's into the rear parcel shelf of the Gen IV.

JR

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Originally posted by stever@Sep 30 2004, 06:57 PM
What CD is in the HU? Is it playing Tourniquet by Marilyn Manson?
Either that or tourniquet by Evanescence

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mike, you are correct. It's tourniquet by Evanescence. I love that band. Any way... I test fitted the 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf and bad news. The magnet on the back of them are so big that they hit the torsion bars for the deck lid. I could do something with it but I'm not sure I want to go through all of that trouble. I took the factory speakers out of there to allow a little more bass to seep through the trunk and everything sounds pretty good. I think that I may need some bigger subs and a bigger amp though. Still not as much sound as I had in the Tracker...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts