Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

New Syncro New Pump And Shaft

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  drek_67045 
#1 ·
i am thinking it rounded out the syncro again but i am sick and tired or pulling that thing just installed the new oil pump this morning took it for a test drive (about 7 miles) and the oil pressure light keeps flashing once in a while got it home and hear slight knocking from lack of lube
Quakerstate 10w-30 synblend and new filter about ready to sell the car as is and take a beating on it
unless someone has a really good idea why i keep rounding out the cam sync?
like i said though bought a NEW oil pump and oil pump shaft to make sure as well as another brand new cam syncro

#3 ·
well pulled the syncro out and it looks fine
now the light comes on in low rpms 900 and under
and i just noticed that it only rattles in park put it in gear light comes on but rattle extremely quiets down
i am hoping its not a spun bearing or a cracked flywheel or anything cause i dont feel like pulling the engine rather sell the car and get some money back we have in it cause even know if we scrap it i will be down a lot of money got about 700 into buying it including the new engine (we scrapped the donor car and made our money back) but buying a new syncro x2 and the new oil pump plus gas for the trips to get the parts
well my brother just got back and the SES is on

#4 ·
Have you checked the actual oil pressure with a known accurate mechanical gauge?

#6 ·
i know its low oil pressure cause you can hear the engine clank and rattle just like any other car when you run it with no oil
when i checked the syncro it looked fine pushed some pressure against the cam and its nice and tight so know there is not any slop in the cam
i am just hoping i dont have a spun bearing any where

#8 ·
well pretty sure its a main bearing now and hoping the crank is ok only looses pressure when warm and after driving it warm sure signs of a bad main rod bearing well let you know whats up (the car is for sale now if anyone is interetsed i live in kansas)
can drive it anyware just as long as you dont let it get below 900 rpms while driving lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.