Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking it rounded out the syncro again but i am sick and tired or pulling that thing just installed the new oil pump this morning took it for a test drive (about 7 miles) and the oil pressure light keeps flashing once in a while got it home and hear slight knocking from lack of lube
Quakerstate 10w-30 synblend and new filter about ready to sell the car as is and take a beating on it
unless someone has a really good idea why i keep rounding out the cam sync?
like i said though bought a NEW oil pump and oil pump shaft to make sure as well as another brand new cam syncro

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well pulled the syncro out and it looks fine
now the light comes on in low rpms 900 and under
and i just noticed that it only rattles in park put it in gear light comes on but rattle extremely quiets down
i am hoping its not a spun bearing or a cracked flywheel or anything cause i dont feel like pulling the engine rather sell the car and get some money back we have in it cause even know if we scrap it i will be down a lot of money got about 700 into buying it including the new engine (we scrapped the donor car and made our money back) but buying a new syncro x2 and the new oil pump plus gas for the trips to get the parts
well my brother just got back and the SES is on

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
Have you checked the actual oil pressure with a known accurate mechanical gauge?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know its low oil pressure cause you can hear the engine clank and rattle just like any other car when you run it with no oil
when i checked the syncro it looked fine pushed some pressure against the cam and its nice and tight so know there is not any slop in the cam
i am just hoping i dont have a spun bearing any where

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and as far as the guauge goes i donlt have one anymore since my uncle is trying to sell the place i am in now and he wants there to be nothing here at all when it sells

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well pretty sure its a main bearing now and hoping the crank is ok only looses pressure when warm and after driving it warm sure signs of a bad main rod bearing well let you know whats up (the car is for sale now if anyone is interetsed i live in kansas)
can drive it anyware just as long as you dont let it get below 900 rpms while driving lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts