369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and the final product:
I'll post more when I get the new amp in

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
is that a good enough box??? i mean, maybe i can't see it, but thats just a lid over the dynamatted wheel well right? isn't the sub gonna have some ill effects from not being in an enclosure specified or designed for it?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I put the lid on then epoxied and screwed it down. I also put the dynamat on so it covers that area between the lid and the well. Essentially it's a 2.0 cubic foot sealed encolure.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately no. At some point I will though. Remember, at this point this is purely aesthetic. I haven't installed an amp to power it yet.

·
Banned
509 Posts
I think it will work.. Its all good...

the only thing I would try to do, is make it flush with the wheel well thing, and somehow cover it.. So you have have junk in your trunk

You know, Fiberglass can become your best friend..

What you need to do is buy some fiberglass sheets, and resin, and cut it out and take the cover, and fiberglass it.. Its easy..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm gonna have to redo the spare lid anyway. I didn't exactly cut it the right way. I used the 12" as a hole template, but it was too small and I used one of those knifes that's supposed to be able to cut through anything and not get dull. Needless to say it didn't work too well and I almost set the lid on fire
. All of the friction made the blade so hot I could have cooked a hot dog on it.

BTW, woofer documentation recommends a sealed 1.4 cubic foot enclosure, but I calculated the well to 2 cubic feet. Should I build a box to go in the well???

·
Registered
746 Posts
no need to build a box in there... they may recomend 1.4 cubes, but those xplods need all the room they can get to lower the Q. 1.4 would be way to small for that sub IMO, stick with what you have, strengthen the lid, and make sure it is sealed down well and you should be solid

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Uh oh
. I was leaning over in the trunk to put my amp in and I leaned on the sub. The next thing I heard was a big CRACK!!!
I put a crack in the sub from the surround to the black thing in the middle of the sub. Is there anything I can do to repair it?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by slider5634@Feb 26 2004, 04:09 PM
Uh oh
. I was leaning over in the trunk to put my amp in and I leaned on the sub. The next thing I heard was a big CRACK!!!
I put a crack in the sub from the surround to the black thing in the middle of the sub. Is there anything I can do to repair it?
no
send it in to get reparied... or get a new one

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put some industrial strength epoxy for bonding plastic, on the top and bottom of the crack. I'll let it sit for 24 hours for maximum strength. Do you think that'll work?

·
Registered
183 Posts
its a sign from god. spare tire wheels are for tires.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No there not. That's why we have AAA. So that we can put speakers in places they're not supposed to go.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
glue might be a temp fix.. but i dunno man...i can see it coming apart quite quickly

1 - 20 of 26 Posts