Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty cool, i got an amp and sub and deck for free from a friend. with the deck that i have recieved which is a aiwa cdc-x176 i didnt get the cables that plug into the back of it which i need. so im sorta stuck not knowing if this thing has a remote connection because i need one of those. i have a 94 taurus gl sedan and heres a pic of the back of the stock stereo. if anyone knows where i can get those cables that would be cool. cause i know wher i can get the wiring harness but not the aiwa cables.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
call aiwa and you should be able to buy replacment headunit wireing harness. you will loose the ability to use the factory remote control (by the stearing wheel)

oh thier is a nice gromit hole just above the break pedel for running the power wire for the amp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooooh, i see what you mean about the remote control by the steering wheel, that sorta sux, now id have to look down to change stations hah. itscool tho, as long as my new head unit works hehe. and for the hole above the brake pedal, i found that luckily when i was installing the amp hehe and it was sorta difficult to get the amp power wire from engine compartment to it but i got it and straight above that hole is the positive contact to the fusebox so i screwed it there and ran it under the plastic lining on the driver side, under b strut, under back seat plastic lining and then stabbed a hole through the back seat with a long screwdriver to lead the wire to the back. it looks really clean and thats always good.
ohyea, i searched google for aiwa 16 pin and then found tons of sources. so i saw some on ebay for super cheap so my friend orderd me one since i dont have an account. thank you for all your help tho guys/girls.

sorry about crappy quality. but had to downsize to 100k,
first half of pic is screwdriver goin thru back seat and second is the power cable duct taped to the tip of the screwdriver and pushed through the seat to lead to trunk.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yes, sorry about double post, but i forgotwhen i was writing the onebefore this, is there any easy way to get to the rear speakers in a 94 gl because i was going to change those speakers but did not see a way to do it besides taking out the back seat which i didnt even know how to do. if anyone knows, please tell, thank you

matthew

·
Registered
95 Posts
i was going to change those speakers but did not see a way to do it besides taking out the back seat which i didnt even know how to do.
From what I've reaqd you will need to take out the back seat, but it looks very easy (I'm about to try it myself in a few minutes). All you gotta do is drop the seat backs and take out the retaining bolt holding the rear dash in. Frm there you just lift up and out. Sounds simple. I'll let you know how it turns out :hyper:

·
Registered
12 Posts
well....instead of looking down what you can do if you would feel like doing the work is to switch the climate controls with the cd player....i did this on mine it wasn't too hard except for the wires that i had to extend for the radio....it was also hard to getting the climate control connectors down to the lower part....

X

·
0 Posts
If you want the steering wheel control, check out the pac swi-x. You will need to have the remote for the awia deck to setup the steering wheel remote.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Whoops, just noticed you have a 94(Gen 2). Mine is a 99 (Gen 3). If they are similiar, maybe this will help:

1. Lower back seats.
2. Remove retaining bolts, 2 at top, 2 at bottom, connecting frame to back seat.
3. Remove push-pin-type clips holding rear dash cover to frame.
4. Remove retaining bolt waaaaaay in the back of the rear dash. You REALLY need a second set of hands or at least a set of vise grips to make this work, since the bolt also has a nut and washer underneath in the trunk.
5. Unscrew speakers from frame and replace.

Reverse to install everything again. Took about 3 hours all told (had to go to the store for a couple of things I didn't anticipate, and it was getting dark out). First time doing it, and it was pretty easy. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The back seat in a G2 sedan doesn't drop down. You can take the rear speakers out by removing the grille. They have little tabs that hook under the carpetted rear deck. The metal is real easy to bend so push the side in a little bit and take it out. You can bend it back into place when you put the grille back in. The speakers are just screwed in I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts