Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been whipping it back into shape for the big meet coming up, and I think I got it there.

Let's recap:

New dash
New windshield
New tires
New airdam
Paint front of car
Replace radiator (this one I didn't count on)
Compound, glaze and wax (no wax on fresh paint)
Install new header panel emblem (off-center, but oh well.)

There's a few for now.....see what you think.

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Hmmm... you signed your post "Tim" again...

Anyway, very very very nice car!!!! I saw a really trashed white one last week, and although I'd never seen one before, I immediately recognized it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Damn, that car is so shiny I thought the rear quarterpanel was ###### up at first. Just the reflection.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Want to race? :eek:

Kiddng aside, that car looks like a whole lot of fun.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i've always like the conquests.. i kno they're pretty much the same car.. i have a question tho... the spot on the rear quarter panel right behind the door.. i've seen it on several conquests, the spot is cracked on both sides, and i kinda noticed something on yours, is the spot on yours just something reflected in the picture? and as far as the other cars i've seen (quite a few) is it supposed to be that way?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, that's a damn factory chip guard. See, when the cars were shiny and new, that was a piece of invisible polymer, or something like that. Sadly, it didn't stand the test of time so well.

There's ways to get it off. Mine will stay till I repaint the whole car.

Tim

·
Registered
681 Posts
So when are you coming to take on your accepted challenge with the Merkur?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, guys. I work hard at keeping this car nice, and I hope it shows.

As far as the Merkur challenge, once I get up that way, how about this........any time, any place, at any distance.

And bring some money. LOL

Tim

EDIT: Forgot to mention.......I have a little surprise lined up at the meet. I get some pictures then! Very, very sought after parts for this car, wait till you see!

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
nice looking car tim.

i really need to start cleaning my cars but, i hate cleaning cars. does the automatic
car washes count. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
QUOTE (Zorin @ Jun 2 2009, 05:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729738
Thanks, guys. I work hard at keeping this car nice, and I hope it shows.

As far as the Merkur challenge, once I get up that way, how about this........any time, any place, at any distance.

And bring some money. LOL

Tim

EDIT: Forgot to mention.......I have a little surprise lined up at the meet. I get some pictures then! Very, very sought after parts for this car, wait till you see![/b]
Definitely does, this and your Grand Marquis. It's kind of how I have such a busy schedule yet I still manage to consistently have the shiniest car, and one of the oldest on my block. Haven't checked your other thread, but did you get that car fixed? Probably looks slick as well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hah, that old thing I putt to work in? It still looks pretty good shined up, and with new wheels and tires on it....

Yes, I DID drive it onto the platform at Union Station to take the pic. Don't ask, for GOD'S sake, don't ask!

Tim

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
QUOTE (Zorin @ Jun 2 2009, 08:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729781
Hah, that old thing I putt to work in? It still looks pretty good shined up, and with new wheels and tires on it....

Yes, I DID drive it onto the platform at Union Station to take the pic. Don't ask, for GOD'S sake, don't ask!

Tim[/b]
LOL, you may have beat my parking in a boat launch ramp and a single lane wooden truss bridge for photo ops haha.

I have a picture somewhere of me with my old Camry parked in the Staten Island borough president's spot behind borough hall with my friend giving the thumbs up or something. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time while we were passing by, didn't get in trouble though.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
In for pictures of upcoming seating upgrades. :lurk:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I don't even know where you live Zorin, but if you come up this way we have a 1/4 mile NHRA cert. track about a half hour from my residence.

Or we can go to MIR. Thats a nicer track but farther for me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back from the big meet.....looks like someone caught me enjoying the ride......

It's got a little pickup.

Tim

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Just a little :lol2:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Moar!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts