Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I had trouble too, a lot has been moved around, but is still there. Use the box at the bottom left of the page to switch back to classic view. A thread was started about new site look, you can post issues there.

(Oops, posted this reply to your other thread and it followed the move by Mark when I hit reply, I see that Mark also offered the same advice)

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
It seems I'm unable to remove the sidebar completely: I guess because I'm not a Premium member. This means I'm going revert to the classic site: it's a drop-down menu on the bottom left of the page if anyone needs to know.

Shame, since I like the design: but that sidebar's gotta go.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've seen other sites recently make similar changes to their systems. I don't care for it.

Personally I find the large amounts of glaring white space makes it harder to look at and the smaller (and sometimes grayed) text is much more difficult to read in this low contrast high brightness format. I'm sure there are ways to customize the view but was it not possible to retain more of the original color scheme while incorporating the functionality of the new system?

Edit - I went to the User CP and was able to find the way to reset the thread view. I've gone back to the classic dark but the it appears the new features go away with the new view. Shame.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I've seen other sites recently make similar changes to their systems. I don't care for it.

Personally I find the large amounts of glaring white space makes it harder to look at and the smaller (and sometimes grayed) text is much more difficult to read in this low contrast high brightness format. I'm sure there are ways to customize the view but was it not possible to retain more of the original color scheme while incorporating the functionality of the new system?
The red is hard on the eyes. I would prefer the classic blue/gray color theme to be carried over to the modern appearance. Also not crazy about the icons either, (boring flat Windows 10-ish icons) but I guess that's standard now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It looks ugly - too flat looking. Give it some depth, and it's too bright, I have to squint.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,755 Posts
Jesus Q. Murphy, ditch that sidebar. I liked the VBulletin, myself. This format will take some getting used to. Why'd you have to go and change things?

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
The sidebar needs to go. After trying it for a day or two I can start to deal with the forum layout, but the contrast issues are somewhat frustrating still. The place looks like it's branded for Verizon. :D

That said, nice work on the top banner with the Gen 6.5.

Still going to let this grow on me. Drag and drop is miraculous even if I haven't needed it yet.

·
Administrator
76 Posts
+1 on this!

Thanks for all the hard work guys.
Heya thanks for the feedback.

If you guys want a dark theme of the new look can you start a poll and give me the link. if I have enough feedback I can get it approved for you guys.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Still getting acquinted (sic) with the new look....have to spend more time before giving it the thumbs up or down, but as I get more comfortable with it, seems OK so far! Thanks for the work!

·
Administrator
14,969 Posts
Why does the banner not show all the generations of Taurus. Who picked those, which probably isn't representative of the members that use the forum.
The staff was asked for input and selected much better representation than you are seeing, our input was valued and originally the banner reflected that. It is being looked into.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've switched back to the old view - it looks cleaner, is easier on the eyes and has some *depth* to it. Sad to see yet another website trying on the insipid, empty, flat 8-bit colour, whitespace wasteland windows 8/metro 'style'

Glad to see the scales icon has been changed to rep. Please keep improving on the skeuomorphism! :)

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Heya thanks for the feedback.

If you guys want a dark theme of the new look can you start a poll and give me the link. if I have enough feedback I can get it approved for you guys.

Thanks,
Jeff
Just noticed the shortcut icon on my chrome bookmarks changed to red, now it looks more like a Toyota logo.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Definitely appreciate the hard work that went into the new site, especially with the technical improvements!!

It could be just because I am used to the old site look (old habits die hard) but my personal preference as of now is the old look, in general. Keep up the good work!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts