Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a "new" '05 Sable wagon to replace the '00 Taurus wagon that we've enjoyed for the past 10 years. The Sable is like new, with one owner, only 29000 miles and absolutely perfect body, paint and interior. All service records came with it and there's no indication of any problems along the way. Everything works as it should except that there is a very slight vibration at idle as well as at speed, along with a slight humming noise on the road that seems to come and go every few seconds.

My mechanic wasn't been able to identify the source of the vibration and I'm hoping you all can suggest some things to look for. Since I can feel it at the steering wheel at idle, it has to be coming from the engine somewhere. It can also be felt at highway speeds, but doesn't seem to vary with speed. It's not the air conditioner.

The noise on the highway is odd, in that it varies slightly but in a fairly constant pattern. It seems like it should be caused by the tires but I don't think it is. If I knew how to spell the sound of a very slow "oooh ahhh oooh ahhh" I'd write it and say that's what it sounds like. It changes from "oooh" to "aaah" about every 10 seconds or so. We're getting the tires replaced on Monday but I don't think it's tire noise since it is so constant. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Don

1 - 1 of 1 Posts