Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Arn't those Enkei DM5's? They look exactly like my rims so thats what i am thinking. What size are they?

josh

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by cable_kid05@Aug 3 2004, 11:51 PM
Arn't those Enkei DM5's? They look exactly like my rims so thats what i am thinking. What size are they?

josh
Yppers!! Thats exactly what they are. I got them from Dicount Auto for 149.00

·
Registered
79 Posts
great price! i got mine off of Discounttire.com for like 180 around christmas. Well i didnt get them, my dad did as a christmas present. So how do you like them? i like mine a lot, sets you out of the crowd.

josh

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Those do look more sporty than the old ones. They match the personality of your car more. Now if you would ditch those ugly wind deflectors..... :lol2: Sorry just had to say that. I have always been in love with your car, and it is a turn of to see wind deflectors breaking up the clean lines. I'll keep 3 cents and leave you the change. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Aug 4 2004, 01:12 AM
Those do look more sporty than the old ones.  They match the personality of your car more.  Now if you would ditch those ugly wind deflectors..... :lol2: Sorry just had to say that.  I have always been in love with your car, and it is a turn of to see wind deflectors breaking up the clean lines.  I'll keep 3 cents and leave you the change.  :D
That was good!!!!! I nearly wet myself after reading that. I guess it was the way you worded it :D

Josh......I got the 149 quote from the website and they were actually 20.00 cheaper once I got to the store. So....I actually only paid 144.99 for them.....and 99.00 each tire. He gave me a good discount for the tires since I bought the rims there. The rims and tires came to like 1058....or near that. I do like the rims though!! They do make it stand out. If I didnt have the stickers then I would have gone with a black powder coated rim.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
IMHO its a downgrade, as far as looks go. I've never been into dark colored wheels though. If ya like em thats cool though. ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@Aug 4 2004, 03:34 AM
IMHO its a downgrade, as far as looks go. I've never been into dark colored wheels though. If ya like em thats cool though. ;)
Pretty much my same opinion. I like the before picture better but then again I perfer chrome over alloy. BUT this is only my opinion and I hope it, in no way, affect how you feel about it. If you like it then :thumb:

Derek

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh no!!!! I dont get mad at people if they dont like them or have negative comments. Thats why I posted the pic here. I wanted to get people's opinion and see what they thought. I do like them alot and I looked at a few different styles before I bought these. Its kinda like buying a car.....you get that "feeling" inside your stomach and thats when you know those are the ones you want. I dont get offensive in any way :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Aug 4 2004, 09:15 AM
THERE FUGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K the Krome (k for more bling) looks hott!
How did I know a comment like that was going to follow what I said. :lol2: I guess I asked for that one :p

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Those chromies are phat! "17" right? At first I thought they were Cobra Replicas like the ones I got off of Got Wheels. I paid $1407 for chrome with 225/40/18 feet. At least now I really have some idea of what I am dealing with asthetically when mine get here. How much did you sell them for? I like the gunmetal too. Before I came to a decision about which wheel to get, I was going to get the black full faced rims with the polished lip. (Of course they didn't have the fitment) As long as you like it rock on!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
On my way to work a couple weeks ago I happened to see 98shotoy's SHO driving down 94 East. Very nice looking car!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by bumpin_taurus@Aug 4 2004, 01:18 PM
On my way to work a couple weeks ago I happened to see 98shotoy's SHO driving down 94 East. Very nice looking car!
Are you from the Ypsilanti area? I work in Ypsilanti but live in Monroe. You must have seen me early in the morning cuz thats when I get to go hom. I am one of those "fools" that work midnights. :(

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I'm from Taylor like 20 minutes away from Ypsi. I work at Aamco Transmissions out in Ypsi (off ellsworth). It was quite early, but when I seen your car it woke me up. idk i was kinda excited i seen another members car so like i was kinda giddy all day...lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Rubix@Aug 4 2004, 11:24 PM
i see clear lenses on the rear, are those originally for the front and you have them on the back(though theyre a LITTLE to small, unless you did some rear bumper work)?

and i like both rims, the car is hot hot hot either way.
Yeah the clear lenses are smaller on the rear :rolleyes: Unfortunately they do not make rear clear marker lights.....so I bought two sets of front clear marker lights and just out them on the back end. When you are u close its noticable but from a little distance its not so bad......well lets just say not bad enough to NOT put them on my car :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts