Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I found a guy on CL about an hour away parting out a 99 Taurus SE Sport and i ended up paying 80 bucks for all four of these rims with two like new Dunlop tires, and I put on two new 90$ apiece Bridgestone Turenzas for the front. Tell me what ya think! I think the Taurus rim really compliments the curvy back end of the Sable much better than the Sable's factory rims.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. I really like the looks of the rear end with that spoiler, it finishes it off nicely.
Thanks, I'm not sure if that particular spoiler was even a factory option on a Sable.. its from a 98 Taurus, not sure if the spoilers were the same. Plus i think i mounted it back further than Ford would have, but I like it better that way.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good choice. Do the Mercury emblem centercaps fit those wheels?
Nah, I wish they did, ALL the way home from where i got these i was wondering that same question and when i got home i was slightly dissapointed that they didn't, the Merc ones are just about an inch too big in diameter. Oh well, I'm a huge Ford fan so it's no biggie.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
Nah, I wish they did, ALL the way home from where i got these i was wondering that same question and when i got home i was slightly dissapointed that they didn't, the Merc ones are just about an inch too big in diameter. Oh well, I'm a huge Ford fan so it's no biggie.
Your right it don't matter. Looks great all the same.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I did the same thing with my 99 Sable. I was having trouble with the rims that came stock on the Sable (the many spoked version) leaking. So I swapped them out for my alloy rims from my old 99 Taurus SE Sport. Looks alot better now!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the same thing with my 99 Sable. I was having trouble with the rims that came stock on the Sable (the many spoked version) leaking. So I swapped them out for my alloy rims from my old 99 Taurus SE Sport. Looks alot better now!
My stock sable alloys are still in MINT shape, even better than these rims, i just don't particularly like the looks of them.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Looks fantastic :)

You should really put those new tires on the rear. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts