Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I did finnaly make it to Concord last week, still getting settled into the apartment. I went to an awesome car show [well awesome on the standards of small towns I'm from lol] at the Lowes Motor Speedway.

Already I see I'm going to like it here, people are WAY nicer then where I moved from lol.

It wasn't that bad of a trip, had one heart attack moment on the highway when our UHaul started fishtailing on the F-150, but that was it. Everything is okay now thankfully.

I am helping look for a house now, got to start going to look for work until my school starts next year for the IBEW.

I do have one gripe about the apartment though, they don't allow anyone to work on vehicles. My last apartment didn't really either, but I had the apartment way in the back so no one ever saw me tear down my car. :lol2:

I have a waterpump that needs to be replaced because it's leaking. [Not sure if its the weep hole or gasket, idc I will replace it anyway] It's a slow week, about a bottle of water a week or less. I also have a powersteering pump I want to trade back in, it's noisy as hell and it's stiff, I airated it and put in that stop noise crap, to no avail. I also want to wire my mirror for the puddlelamp, and install my new stereo.

Hopefully we'll get a new place soon with a garage and I can get back to tinkering! I have some big projects planned... ;)

PS: If anyone knows some good pull-a-part places in the Concord/Charlotte area please let me know!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Welcome to the Carolinas!

Three junkyards come to mind that I visit...
Pull-A-Part
6024 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC

Don's Auto Parts
9001 Stitt Street
Monroe NC 28111

and my favorite junkyard in NC/SC/GA:
Rock Hill U Pull It
1360 Flint Street Extension
Rock Hill, SC 29730

I don't think I will have time in November, but I will have time in December to zip up to one or all three on a Weekend...lmk and we can meet up.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good! I was debating going to a meet this year since my car is well, out of shape. Lmao

Thanks for the addresses though! Will definitely be spending some time around theses places lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I should be moving back up there here shortly u pull it in RH is pretty good they do have a lot of tauri but not as new as yours mostly just gen 3's some gen 2's and 1-2 gen 1's on occasion.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
They are getting better at bringin in Gen 4s as of late. I've seen usually 2 or 3 in the mix. They are past 10 y/o so they are becoming more frequent, even at PAP in Columbia.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's actually pretty suprising. Of course I have seen a few brand new f150's out there so they must be keeping up with the demand.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's definitely something to check out. Still haven't made it out to any of these since I'm job hunting.

They got that new car show on the 20th, hope to see some Fords there. It's downtown charlotte, anyone feel like going? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts