Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I recently purchased The Ford Taurus Rage a few months ago and wanted to be a part of the Taurus enthusiast community. Over the past few months I have been able to enjoy a pretty bad ass one of a kind car that I now realize is very rare and becoming rarer by the day! The cam shaft failure problem on the Gen 3 sucks and is unfortunate however being the Rage is one of a kind and the fact other V8 SHOs have failed makes this car even rarer in my eyes adding to the mystique that much more. A little about me, I am a 29 year old metro detroiter who's grandfather worked for Ford his whole career after WWII so having a chance to own a little piece of Ford history makes me feel very proud. I am in the process of setting up the cam shaft weld with a gentleman in Illinois. I will be taking pictures and filming portions of the trip to document everything on this car. After I get that taken care of the next step will be to get the paint back to show car quality. SEMA cars are meant to show off at an event (so i'm told) and thats about it therefore the candy paint was not given the number of coats it needed to really last and has thus faded from that nice cherry color to more of an orangish red which is actually cool looking but not original or show car looking. In closing, I am looking forward to being able to enjoy this car for years to come and hopefully make it to an event or two down the road. I welcome any and all comments and hope to hear what you guys think of The Rage. There are several websites devoted to it so I know there are some enthusiasts out there. Let me hear you! Thanks for letting me be a part of your community and good luck to all in 2011!

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Welcome to the club!
Canton, MI here. :)

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
If the camwelder in Illinois is the person I think you're referring to, then you are going to be getting a very well-done job- that engine deserves the best, because I doubt any of the previous owners gave a crap. FWIW, you're not the first person on this forum to own the Rage- based on your original post, I'm glad to see that it's in good hands now.

:worthlesswithoutpic

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
The rage is a unique car, and a well-documented concept car that has stuck around.

Would really like to see it put back to its original condition.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for welcoming me to the site!

Hey Risoworker, If you are going to make statements like that please elaborate on how it has been beaten to **** so I know what you know. Thanks.

If you head over to Photos you can see the pictures taken this past summer in my driveway. Its still on the first page and its listed under BRASTA29.

The previous owner was a young kid and really didnt see the value of this car and was not taking the best care of it. Is it beaten to ****? NO! Does it need paint because the paint faded:YES. Did the kid crack the front ground effect: YES. Fortunately for fans of this car those are easy fixes to get this car back to show car quality. the engine looks, sounds, and runs beautifully. Stay Tuned.

I guess I need help adding photos to this thread as I cant seem to get them to show up, so head over to the photos section to see pictures of The Taurus Rage.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Finally, it's in the hands of someone that will actually take care of it. Look forward to seeing future pictures. Welcome aboard.

To post the ones you have now...go to the album where you posted them, select a picture to make it full size, then right click on it and say copy image URL/location. Click the picture button in your message reply box and post the copied URL in that box. Rinse and repeat for further pics.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
It sounds like the car is finally in good hands!! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi mate looks great being from the land down under i have never heard of this.

Do you have a front on pic showing the full front bumper bar.

Ian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey you guys, I just posted some pictures from the Trip from michigan to illinois when we went to get the cams welded by eric. Check out my albums to see the photos.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Good, now the car will last a loooong time. That's pretty cool to see that car finally getting taken care of.

Do you think you could bring it out to the meet in Detroit/Dearborn in July?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
That's a fantastic idea!! :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Help in design

I know you dont get on too often, but could you pm me? With a source i could contact you like email. i have a lot of questions and im sure as the new owner (and one that takes care of her) you could help me out with some designs and ideas. Ideas based on the Rage. *Im on my phone so pardon if any misspelling.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.