Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! I purchased a 2003 SES almost 2 months ago. I've been happy with it. Although I thought it would get better gas milege. Well, about 3 weeks ago I noticed on occasion when I came to a stop you could smell oil burning. It was oil leaking on the exhaust pipe. I took it to the garage and got it fixed under warranty. The dealership replaced the pan gasket and the rubber seals. This does concern me a little. Cars with 20,000 miles shouldn't be leaking anything. I guess I worry about the longevity of this car. I've been a chevy man my whole life and this is my first Ford. Has anyone else heard of this problem? Thanks for your time and I love this club.
Joe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry I didn't tell you which engine I had, its the vulcan. When I first took the car in they said the oil filter was to tight. Three days later it was still leaking and I traced the leak to the front of the pan. It really frustrated me at first, I had the car a little over a month and it already have a leak. I was starting to second guess my selection in cars. But it seems everyone else has had good luck with theres.
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.