Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just bought my first Taurus.

2007 SE with 20,219 miles on it. Anything you other 07 Taurus owners can think of I need to keep an eye out for?

Only had the car for a few hours and I'm loving it, but what can you expect when you go from a 93 prizm to an 07 Taurus.

My only complaint really is lack of a cd changer. All the buttons are there on the HU, but no Cd changer (that I can find) in the trunk or console.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
You can buy a 6-disc CD changer and it will plug right into the RCU in the trunk. It's really nifty and simple to do.

You should definitely post some pictures!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can buy a 6-disc CD changer and it will plug right into the RCU in the trunk. It's really nifty and simple to do.

You should definitely post some pictures!
[/b]
I'll post some pics tomorrow, I've been up since 5am (excited about the car) and its rolling up on 11PM now

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
You should also go in and add your location, avatar, car data, etc. in the control panel.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Welcome! :)

That's a nice clean Taurus you got there. Considering yours is similar for the most part to mine (04-07 are pretty much identical) These are pretty solid cars. Transmission should be the AX4N transmission, which is better (think everyone would agree) than the other automatic transmissions used in previous generation Taurus/Sable cars.

I would recommend maintaining your transmission. change the fluid and filter on a regular basis (I do believe the service manual says every 30k miles? I am a bit overdue for one... But hopefully me being easy on my transmission, will pay off until we get some heat here...)

Also a transmission oil cooler is recommended by other members, I add one in my car... Eventually...

Fun things to do if interested,
Upgrade the RCU to a Mach Audio system
Install a Power Antenna
Change the inside door handles to the older 00-03 Chrome handles (I plan on doing that)
And much more.

You got yourself a nice car, maintain it, and she'll treat you well. Mine has been treating me well and I am very pleased with mine with 30,304 miles on my odometer as of right now :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Looks like a nice, clean car.

But change that coolant! It needs it.
[/b]
I don't think he has to worry about the coolant yet... Does that "gold coolant" stuff hold up any better than the old green stuff?

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Did the 07 use the gold stuff? Or is that green that turned brown?

The "long life" stuff eats up radiators anyway.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It's the gold stuff. It looks exactly like that in my Fusion...

I wouldn't worry about my coolant after the first 2 years no matter what kind it is, but that's just me... Maybe after 4 I'd get it changed out but only if it looked cruddy...

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The gold coolant suppose to last longer than the green stuff. I wasn't aware of it eating radiators unless you're talking about Dexcool (which aren't used in Fords).

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I have the original fluid in my car... Still looks and smells good... Will probably change it when I change my trans oil and filter. March = my predicted service for everything. :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I have the original fluid in my car... Still looks and smells good... Will probably change it when I change my trans oil and filter. March = my predicted service for everything. :)
[/b]
Hah, wouldn't it be better to stagger it?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Hah, wouldn't it be better to stagger it?
[/b][/quote]

But then my Vulcan and AX4N won't be happy :p

·
Registered
166 Posts
The gold coolant is supposed to be good for 5yr/100k. I would suggest going on 4 yr/50k intervals. This is what i'm going to do with all 3 of our 06's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts