Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Ford Taurus SE. There is a small button under the left side A/C unit on the driver's side that opens my trunk. Well today the button stopped working. Even though it still works manually with the key. I thought it was a fuse but I checked the fuse box and they all seem to be working fine. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Jonathan. :unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Keyless entry .No remote. when I twist the key in the port on the trunk it's tough. I don't want to say it's jammed but its a little tough sometimes to get it open. I was thinking maybe since it's tough enough opening the trunk manually maybe the button doesnt have enough force to pop it open.But thats just me. . Btw thanks guys all help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
Pull the switch and bypass it as suggested. The release solenoid works on a different mechanism than the key cylinder, so even if the key cylinder is sticking the solenoid should still fire (with an audible click) when you push the button. The button could be bad, you could have a short in the wiring, or a defective solenoid in the trunk latch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts