Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just signed up last night. I was given a 2004 Taurus from my mother when she bought a new car Monday. We had this car in the family since 04 and I'm the second owner. A lot better then I had before.

Only needs a few things. New head light assys as there cloudy, new tires, tune up, and the a/c needs to get fixed. I don't have any pictures right now. But will soon. I'm also looking forward to being here. Thank you!

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,081 Posts
Welcome!

You can also polish and scrub those headlights with a 3M Headlight Restore Kit or similar. Cheaper than replacing the housings.

Reactions: aleo101

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Welcome! As "The White Falcon" said, you can use 3M's sanding and buffing kit and that will help the headlights, or you might luck out and find a clear one at a junkyard somewhere.

·
Registered
403 Posts
that looks pretty clean already! and with some nice clear headlights... perfect!
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
390 Posts
I see that Maaco auto body runs $29.99 specials a lot to clean up the headlights. Had mine done on a previous car years ago and they looked like new. I taped them off again wiped them clean with some alcohol, and put a couple of coats of non-yellowing clear (UV clear) and they looked fantastic. And my current one I just wet sanded them with a couple of different grades of paper and then did the same UV clearcoat. I can imagine a body shop not doing any specials in the winter in Snow country but you never know.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tell us more details about your a/c. Recharging is a simply DIY thing, but you have to make sure that's all it needs. If the a/c doesn't get run much, it may just need recharging. My experience is that running it frequently is good to keep things lubricated and it then leaks very little.

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
390 Posts
Guys, please look at the dates on the last post to a thread before posting.
Oops. For some reason it was at or near the top on TapATalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts