Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

New Leather!

4K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  solapathy 
G
#1 ·
I just finnished putting in my leather seats,
how fo they look?

I am now selling my Cloth seats which are in perfect condition only 26000 miles on them. They came out of my 2000 SEL and are a tan color.
I am putting some pics on my car domain site. make an offer please,

Attachments

See less See more
G
#5 ·
Looks good! I did a leather swap a while back and I must say I LOVE the leather seats, they are much more comfortable that my cloth was, and with the lumbar adjustment, oh yeah! B) Where did you get yours?

Enjoy them! :)

G
#6 ·
afi, yeah I love the seats already, they are very comfy! I already conditioned them, they are brand new, they came out of a 2003 sable LS premium with 10,000 miles. no wear, tears or anything! I got lucky and its rather simple just 4 bolts for the front seats and the wires and 5 bolts for the rear seats!

I wish I got the power passenger seat though, I couldn't find one, but oh well.

#7 ·
Originally posted by SEL2000@Jun 22 2004, 11:08 AM
afi, yeah I love the seats already, they are very comfy! I already conditioned them, they are brand new, they came out of a 2003 sable LS premium with 10,000 miles. no wear, tears or anything! I got lucky and its rather simple just 4 bolts for the front seats and the wires and 5 bolts for the rear seats!

I wish I got the power passenger seat though, I couldn't find one, but oh well.
The power pass. seat only comes in the SEL with the Premium package. That is the only option that the SES's can't get :ph34r: ...but I got it.

The seats look awesome, very nice job. I think this is the first time I've seen leather seats with out the floor shift :blink: I assume the front seats were plug and play.

Leather ownz all !!!!!

#8 ·
Man that looks good. Now I may rethink my decision not to have leather in my car. I had leather in my Towncar, the biggest problem down here is the heat during the summer. The leather gets very very hot and burns my delicate behind.....ouch. The heat also dries it out and without constant conditioning cracks can show up pretty quick. That's what happened to my seats in the Towncar. Anyway congratulations. I may have to start looking around.

G
#9 ·
Troper8, yeah... I know I want the center floor shift, i just dont know what is involved, I can easily get the parts and cables, I just need to find out and look more into it before I do it.

i'm happy with the install though! I ordered my spoiler and thats supposed to come tomm at noon, but you know how fed ex is!

#15 ·
Those seats look really really good! I need to convert muy pronto. B)

I am trained in the lost art of sport column shifting... :ph34r:

I really dont mind the column shifter, but if i had to have a floor shifter, it would be attatched to a manual transmission.

G
#18 ·
junk yard, there is always something good! thats where I got mine, and I got mine cheap b/c I know the guys but still. my seats are pretty much brand new, the car I got them from was a 2002 or 3 LS premium with 10,000 miles on it. It had the duratec and digital climate controls like my SEL. The front seats have 4 bolts I dont remember the size and the rear seat has 4 bolts for the top and you have to get the seat belt off too so you have 5. Its really simple. 00TaurusSEL-- you might have trouble finding the exact color for your leather, I had a hard time deciding between the darker and lighter tan. I can tell already they are gonna be hard to keep clean lol.. oh well I still like them.
my next thing is i'm gonna get the wood trim, and I dont know if I want to take the time to convert to a floor shift or not, the thought is still pending.

#19 ·
I was interested in the whole wood trim like the kits that are sold. What makes a difference is the kind of radio and air-conditioning controls your car has. Mine has a CD player and manual air conditioning (round knobs) controls. Some kits are just flat pieces that have to be heated and "formed" to fit while others (like the factory pieces) are already molded to fit right.
There is the big piece for around the radio, the pieces for each door where the window switches are and then the dash pieces that go around the vents. In all, the kits you buy have about 15 pieces. One or two of those is for the console, which I don't have. I guess I'm not sure how much comes from the factory. Maybe the kit has more pieces than what came with the cars. They get held on with some pretty good double-stick tape. I don't know how easy it will be to get them off without breaking them. :(

G
#20 ·
im headed to the junkyard now, and I will take some pics.

I know that the sable only has the wood trim and the center console wood trim, no vents or stereo trim. If I were you I would seard on ebay, I saw a very nice kit for both auto and manual A/C for $90 and there are a lot of pieces to the kit its worth it. and I read that if you send a pic of your car with it installed they send you a $10 check.

here is what I was talking about: it shows a pic of auto a/c but it also says you can get manual a/c too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

this is what your car needs for the manual A/C:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

#22 ·
I've been going on Ebay looking at stuff for the last couple of weeks and have never seen the first item you gave the link for or the spoiler you just bought. I search for "03 Taurus". What are you using to search? I saw the second trim kit and also looked up the feedback since it was in the 93% range. One person complained about it being the worst dash kit ever and one paid in May and still hasn't received anything.
If you were to find a set that had the right piece for around the radio and air controls along with the pieces for the door panels, that would be cool (manual air controls with round knobs).

#26 ·
Hmm, yeah if you can, take a good picture of the front seats, my rear seats are brand new basically never been sat in, but my front ones are getting there. The driver side is worse than the pass side. It's worn where the ass sits and get's in and out of. Especially the drivers side. There are cracks that I can't really get cleaned very good, and the seat is real smooth, brand new ones have kind of a texture to them. But yeah, I might think about it. Shipping is another question, I live in a suburb of Chicago, so that's a good distance from you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.