Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DDM Slim Digital HID Kit that I've had installed for quite a while and I love it,
the only thing is their a lot more blue than I would like.

I want PURE white, like snow white haha with no blue in them.. and I've seen a lot of cars
with HID's that have SOLID white lights and that's what I like.. What temperature is that?
and where can i buy JUST a set of 9007 bulbs in that temp?

The ones I got with my kit are either 4300k or 4500k I believe.
Anybody have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I dont think you have a 4300k bulbs, I think they might be 5000k or 6000k.
If you want the pure white color you might want to go to oem equipment (there's no 9007 bulbs though)
To get the close color to white would be the 4300k or 4500k (number changes from vendor to vendor) Get them thru DDM or ebay.
If I were you I would go with DDM.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You might wanna go with 5000K, since you're saying that they are too blue for you right now then most likely you have either 6000K or 8000K bulbs right now. Since you currently say that those are too blue, if you go with 4300K then I can almost guarantee that you'll say that they are too yellow since your eyes have kind of adjusted to that bluish tint as mostly white light, the yellow in 4300K will be accentuated. I have 4300K right now and I've recently ordered 5000K so that I can go pure white to match everything else that's white on my car LoL.

Also the OEM Philips 85122 D2S bulbs start out around 4300K and begin colorshifting after around 100-150 hours to more of a pure white color.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, when i bought the kit, DDM claimed the bulbs I bought were 4500k.. and when i installed them, they looked kinda blueish and I asked them about it and they said "Nope! Those are 4500k!" and so i dont wanna buy ANOTHER set of 4500K from DDM if it's going to be the same color, you know?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might wanna go with 5000K, since you're saying that they are too blue for you right now then most likely you have either 6000K or 8000K bulbs right now. Since you currently say that those are too blue, if you go with 4300K then I can almost guarantee that you'll say that they are too yellow since your eyes have kind of adjusted to that bluish tint as mostly white light, the yellow in 4300K will be accentuated. I have 4300K right now and I've recently ordered 5000K so that I can go pure white to match everything else that's white on my car LoL.

Also the OEM Philips 85122 D2S bulbs start out around 4300K and begin colorshifting after around 100-150 hours to more of a pure white color.
By the way, do you have some pics of the 4300K? I wanna compare. Thanks man.

·
Registered
260 Posts

This pic has the most accurate color from my 4300K bulbs. They essentially look like a bright halogen color, it has a noticeable amount of yellow in it which is why I'm going to 5000K

Here is a comparison between the philips 4300K D2S and Morimoto 5000K bulbs...

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I went the 4300s as that is what was stock on my Gen Coupe. 55w fog lights modified to only come on with the Hi beams. And just ordered 55w H1 hi beams. Both of them from VVME.COM I think the have single bulb hi/lo kits too. The 4300s I got are pretty white but not arctic white.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

This pic has the most accurate color from my 4300K bulbs. They essentially look like a bright halogen color, it has a noticeable amount of yellow in it which is why I'm going to 5000K

Here is a comparison between the philips 4300K D2S and Morimoto 5000K bulbs...

So in the very last pic? those are 5000k HID?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went the 4300s as that is what was stock on my Gen Coupe. 55w fog lights modified to only come on with the Hi beams. And just ordered 55w H1 hi beams. Both of them from VVME.COM I think the have single bulb hi/lo kits too. The 4300s I got are pretty white but not arctic white.
That is basically the exact color I'm looking for, on the website it says "9007-2"
mine are 9007... are they the same thing?

·
Registered
260 Posts
That is basically the exact color I'm looking for, on the website it says "9007-2"
mine are 9007... are they the same thing?
Yes, the last pic was 5000K.

If I remember correctly the 9007-2 are the bulbs with the HID low/Halogen Hi beams and the 9007-3 are the HID telescoping bulbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts