Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone this is a great site!
i just bought my taurus about 3 weeks ago just before gas hit $2.00 i traded my 94 burb in and i am really enjoying it
it is a 2000 sel :banana:
and i would like to start doing some small stuff to it so any input would be cool
thanx

HTTP://www.conceptcarz.com/imgxra/forum/RedBull1.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' class='attach' />

[img]HTTP://www.conceptcarz.com/imgxra/forum/RedBull2.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' class='attach' />

[img]HTTP://www.conceptcarz.com/imgxra/forum/RedBull3.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' class='attach' />

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Welcome to the TCCA.

Very nice looking ride there, i especialy like the wheels.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Jun 2 2004, 10:38 AM
i would like to start doing some small stuff to it so any input would be cool
D'oh, forgot to add this to reply. I'd start by removing the intake silencer (free) and then adding an aux trans cooler and an in-line filter. Those are some pretty common and relatively in expensive mods that a lot do.

I would also suggest just taking a look in the garage at other cars and you can look at the mods they have done and start to make a list of things you might like to do. Don't hesitate to PM them if you have questions about a mod they did, most people around here are more then welcome to help you out.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Looks good...and don't forget those wheel wells when you're cleaning your car.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya thanx i like my wheels alot an i wash it at least once a week and my wheels pick up alot of brake dust
i put mothers polish on the wheels and i think that helps alot...
i seen that the intake silencer i not that hard to do so maybe ill do that to night...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer+Jun 2 2004, 11:06 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3.0cammer @ Jun 2 2004, 11:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>my wheels pick up alot of brake dust[/b]

Yeah, higher quality break pads will also take care of this.

<!--QuoteBegin-3.0cammer
@Jun 2 2004, 11:06 AM
i seen that the intake silencer i not that hard to do so maybe ill do that to night...[/quote]

You'll definitely notice a sound difference accelerating or at WOT with the intake silencer removed. Some will say it adds HP, I'm more inclined to believe it just feels like that because of the meaner sound. To each his own.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Welcome to the :tcca: Family. If you have any questions about mods, or the club or joining a chapter, please PM myself or any TCCA staffer and we can give ya all the info.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Jun 2 2004, 12:09 PM
hey so you detail
what of products do you use?
I have a detailing business on the side, yes (it's not my real job ;) ). I use a LOT of different products from a lot of different manufacturers. It depends on the condition I am working on as to what I use. If you have specific questions I have a sticky up top of this forum for detailing questions and will be glad to answer :)

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Most chips come on the hood, unless you are tearing down gravel roads a bunch.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
What's that white stripe along the trim on the side of your car? Is it a sticker/decal or paint?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Jun 2 2004, 01:00 PM
i is just a pin stripe sticker
If it were my car i'd take that pin stripe off, the white looks out of place on the car. But if you like it then more power to you.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
VERY nice wheels! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome!! Nice looking car! :thumb:

I would take the mud flaps off. Ford started putting some kind of protective layer under the paint on the bottom of the cars in the early 90's. It seems to work well. The mud flaps won't help you much.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts