Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Taurus that has been making a very strange noise once it warms up and when the rpms are below 1&1/2. I took the car to auto zone to have the check engine like checked. It showed P0300 Engine Misfire. Is there anyone who has had this problem that might be able to help me narrow down what the problem is. The noise seems to be comming from the intake manifold?? It's the black piece on top that connect to the hose that leads to the breather. When my brother gave it some gas he said it sounds like it's getting air. The noise that it makes once it warms up or is idling sounds almost like it does when you try to start the car when it's already running or like it's sucked something up. Sorry it's really hard to explain it, but a lot of people say it sounds like it's saying it's going to die. :lol2: I can't really afford to take it to have a lot of parts replaced right now because I recently was laid off from work so income is tight right now. I would appreciate any help you all can offer. Oh and it's a 6cyl. but not DOHC.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Does it run fine but just idle terrible?
Is the noise constant, or does it go away in park/neutral?
Does the noise rise or fall in frequency/pitch along with the rise/fall in RPMS?
Does it sound like your engine is making popcorn with a steel ball bearing?

Right now, I'm leaning towards a dropped valve, which I haven't ever heard of in the vulcan... but it's possible. We'll need more info, though.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
I have a 2005 Taurus that has been making a very strange noise once it warms up and when the rpms are below 1&1/2. I took the car to auto zone to have the check engine like checked. It showed P0300 Engine Misfire. Is there anyone who has had this problem that might be able to help me narrow down what the problem is. The noise seems to be comming from the intake manifold?? It's the black piece on top that connect to the hose that leads to the breather. When my brother gave it some gas he said it sounds like it's getting air. The noise that it makes once it warms up or is idling sounds almost like it does when you try to start the car when it's already running or like it's sucked something up. Sorry it's really hard to explain it, but a lot of people say it sounds like it's saying it's going to die. :lol2: I can't really afford to take it to have a lot of parts replaced right now because I recently was laid off from work so income is tight right now. I would appreciate any help you all can offer. Oh and it's a 6cyl. but not DOHC.
You have a general misfire.The black thing might be the EGR Pressure Feedback Sensor, then you have the IAC. They seem to fail a lot, the IAC will cause a rough idle when warm. Other people suggest tapping it to check for functionality.

Perhaps you have a vacuum leak somewhere?

·
Registered
23,366 Posts
Regina, click on the search feature at the top of this page and type in: intake manifold air valve assy. Scroll down to: Rough idle by crossman3. Maybe this thread may help with the diagnosis. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts