Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I purchased a 2010 Taurus Limited FWD and it had a strut rattle SO they replaced it. After that it came back with a front end rattle from the passenger side!! It never did that until they replaced the strut! So I replaced the strut again, outter tie rod, lower control arm, stabilizer bar, and the noise is still there! The funny thing about it is that if its below freezing it don't make the noise? :angry: What other parts should I look at? I looked at videos and its the same rattle that someone had on there bad CV axel. But they say only when they turn? Mine is when I go over any bump??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe the strut mounts if they wernt replaced with the new struts. Mine does the same thing has a thunk in the right front when ever I hit a pot hole or bump. And I think I've narrowed it down to a worn out strut mount. The struts still ride fine so I'm planning on just replacing the mount and see if that fixes it. Rockauto has the Motorcraft mounts for $30. Figure I'll try the cheapest fix first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Chronos
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing